Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012




There is no other way to describe our Christmas this year other than lovely.  It was such a relaxed day!  We had no where to be and didn't invite anyone over for any meals so we spend 75% of the day in our pajamas and playing with toys.  We saw and spoke to most of our family via the Internet and Face Time.  The kids were just about as lucky as they could be.  Mike and I filled each other's stockings- which I quite enjoy.    We also started a new tradition this year of Chinese food dinner.  We all thought this was great.  No pressure about what will be for dinner or cleaning up the kitchen- amazing!  The grown ups in this house ended Christmas Day with a trip to the movies to see Les Mis.  The kids were in bed and a girl from church came and sat with the kids and it was such a fun thing to look forward to all day!  Even though I had to leave the movie before it ended because Scott woke up in a nervous breakdown- he must have sensed I'd left him- it was still wonderful.



Before the unwrapping!  

They were pretty excited to see what the Living Room held for them.  Scott wasn't interested in this excitement and decided to put a Dora on for himself.  

Hooray!  A new Webkinz!  

1200 pieces of Lego fun!  (It took Mike about 4 hours to build this Ninjago Temple).  This ia a VERY lucky little boy because his Daddy loves to build Legos.


Finally Scott decided to join us- he thought we were just sitting around taking pictures.

Taking a break to try out her new Ds game

He was pretty shocked to find 2 chocolate Santa's in his stocking!  Priceless!
The golf balls fit in his stocking but I had to stack the rest of his stuff under a pillow because the opening of his stocking is too small.....so I kind of cheated.  BUT Mike cheated too because he filled 2 stockings for me!  





Scotty taking a turn with the Ds.  His favorite gift is behind him on the couch- a Mickey Mouse flap book.


Lucky Andrew!  Aunt Hill gave him this awesome Captain America shield that also is a Frisbee!   




Puzzles!  Hooray!

Awwww- sweet baby face.  I can't believe how much he has changed in a year!

There it is.  Cheese face.


I'm sporting the new necklace the kids gave me.  Such a lucky Mama!  They also gave me a lovely bracelet which they picked out all themselves.  

No comments: