We really truly love Christmas Eve in this house as much as we love Christmas! We love singing Christmas songs around the piano, baking cookies and listening to the Christmas story. I think this year the kids understood the difference between what was important about Christmas and what was fun about it. This year we put a little cradle with a dolly in it under the tree for the month of December and "filled" it with straw- or brown paper bag pieces cut to look like straw by doing service. We will do this again next year because I could see them thinking about service with this cradle reminder right in front of them every day. We went to our favorite "Christmas Museum" for a scavenger hunt and tidied our house up so we could enjoy the mess Christmas Day brought. Mike and I went out for a bit for a last minute toy (Andrew got his very own Scout dog which he has been asking for for a year since Scotty got his last year. We finally decided it was worth the $20 to see him smile about it- and he really hasn't put it down much since Christmas- I'm glad we got it for him). We feasted on our traditional Christmas Eve pizza and went out in the car to see Christmas lights. We found some AMAZING displays- including one that would put Clark Griswold to shame. Truly- they must have had a million lights. The magic of Christmas is alive and well in this house and we all just love it!
 |
| What a typical "go stand together so I can take your picture" set up looks like |
 |
| That will do. |
 |
| Scott loved to watch the train go back and forth back and forth. |
 |
| He was pointing at everything that moved. He thought this place was just magical. |
 |
| Still watching the train. |
 |
| The kids got their scavenger hunt sheets and then were all business looking for the things on their lists. |
 |
| Love this Nutcrackers! |
 |
| It's Rudolph! |
 |
| More pointing and being impressed by everything! |
 |
| Scott didn't want to be in this picture....and it makes me laugh. |
 |
| Emma took over picture taking and we have about 100 pictures of the things in the display. |
 |
| Merry Christmas! |
 |
| She was trying to look like she was caroling. Pretty funny. |
 |
| Baking Christmas cookies. VERY important job! Aunt Hill decorated them with the kids while we ran out and they had tons of fun! I wish I had a picture of the three of them decorating! |
 |
| The stockings were hung..... |
 |
| And we did some Christmas Eve cartwheels. |
 |
| Nope, it's not flattering- but I did do Christmas Eve cartwheels- so here is the proof. We all laughed and had a great time. |
 |
| We set out our cookies- and carrots! |
 |
| Now to get these excited little beans in bed! |
 |
| But not before we have a Greenstreet sandwhich with Aunt Hill in the middle- I had to break away to take a picture of the madness! |
No comments:
Post a Comment