Well, this year- we did just about the same thing except I invited a bunch of our friends over.....and since our friends have kids- well- there were kids here. I was glad Mike had a table full of people to sing to him and yummy stuffed shells to eat! We all love him SO very much. My kids would agree with me that he deserves his own national holiday- but I don't have much sway in that department- so we made do with people we love and food that makes our hero happy.
As a side note a couple weeks after Mike and I met he turned 19. 19! It's incredible when we talk about that first year- I gave him a Chicago C.D. and made him no dinner or cake......because....well we had just met and I didn't even know what kind of cake he liked and he didn't even know that my stuffed shells were his favorite food in the entire world. This year I didn't even ask him what he wanted for dinner or dessert- because I already knew.
| The kids were disappointed that I didn't put 32 candles on the cake- but I thought one whole box was reasonable. |
| He's such a good sport! He let whoever wanted to help blow candles out help and he didn't even get mad when the kids were licking his cake while our backs were turned. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment