Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July (so far)

Does this title look familiar?  It should.  The summer is absolutely FLYING by and I truly cannot keep up.  I actually decided I better upload pictures yesterday and update this here blog and I found that my memory card was BLANK.  Not because someone erased it....but because there was NOTHING on it.

Sad.  I know.

4th of July was WONDERFUL.  We have amazing friends and we spent the day playing at the water park and then coming back here and enjoying yummy food and fun company.  We were actually resolved to take our kids to see some fireworks this year- they don't start til about 9:30 and that is pretty late for our kids- but we decided this year they could probably do it- except maybe Scott but at least one of us would take them. Well, wouldn't you know they decided for themselves that fireworks were too late and that they would rather go to bed!  SO- they were in bed by 8:30 when our friends left and that was that.  Maybe next year for the fireworks.....

Other things we have no pictures of:

-The kids in more swimming lessons- the swimming is coming along AMAZINGLY well!
-Lots of trips to the water park.  we're all in love....and have nice little tans to prove it.
-Early morning trips to the park to play or ride bikes- because it gets pretty hot by about 10:30 a.m.  The kids rode their bikes around the park together last week while Scotty went up the playground and down the slide about 200 times.  I wasn't sure what I enjoyed watching more.
-Shoving school work in where we can.  We try to get reading, writing and arithmetic done some in the summer still- especially for Andrew learning how to read I don't want him to "lose" his skills.
-Emma has been DEVOURING American Girl books.  I've been reading them to both of the kids and they laugh out loud at funny parts and they spark so many discussions about what life was like in other time periods.  Emma reads some of them on her own and I am amazed at how much she can remember from the books.
-Mike cutting down a tree in our back yard with a bow saw.  It was pretty crazy and now there are pieces of tree in the back yard that need to be chopped up.  I couldn't stand to see him do it with a bow saw so I borrowed a chain saw.  He gets an idea in his head and the next minute there's tree all over the back yard.
- Cooking class at the Children's Museum!  Emma has been wanting to take a cooking class forever!  She got her wish from the Children's Museum and she had a great time.  (I wasn't very pleased with the class for other reasons....but she had a great time)
-Same trip to the Children's Museum I took Scott without any shoes on!  The main problem with that was that children MUST wear shoes in the museum!  So, I had to be sneaky and only let him play when no one was looking- I didn't even have a stroller to keep him in!  (I know, best Mom ever!)  The workers all wear red shirts so Hillary and I would be aware of them and warn each other "the red shirts are coming."  Not my best moment but no 15 month old is going to be told he can't play in a play place! That's crazy!
-Last Sunday Elder Bednar visited our sacrament meeting.  As we were leaving the building Emma was walking backwards and ran right into him.  He was very friendly and said hello to her.  It was a wonderful meeting- even though I spent 1/2 of it in the hall with WAY tired Scotty I could still hear so it was great!

AND now- imagine there are about 200 more pictures similar to these....and you will feel caught up with summer so far!

Belly flop off the diving board and to quote Andrew "and it doesn't hurt at all!"

They do some pretty great jumps off the board!  This pool is at our Stake President's house.  Every Tuesday and Thursday all the kids in our ward are invited over to swim.  It's never usually more than 10 kids (at least when we go it's not) so it's a LOT of fun!

Sunscreen hair- and he thinks it's fun to climb in and out of the pool.  He also thinks it's fun to jump in but I can't get any pictures of that since I'm the one catching him!

Um, can I have a turn to do that?  


Emma is supposed to be "giving him a ride" but she can't exactly swim fast enough for it to be called anything but a  "kind of moving float."



High five!

A float made for two?!?  That will keep us not fighting for about 14 seconds  Then we'll find something else to fight about.....sigh....


Emma's cannon ball!


He's a swimmer!


He LOVES that he can stand on his "tuppy toes" in the shallow end.


This is his back float- not too shabby.

1 comment:

Kori said...

My boys have been little fish this summer too! It's so fun to watch them learn have a so much fun too.