Monday, July 30, 2012

Best Date Ever!

Mike and I got the BEST gift from Hillary on Friday- she watched our kids while we snuck away for an entire day!

It. Was. Amazing.

I'm not going to lie.  Seeing Scotty burst into tears as we drove away made me sad but I also knew he would be fine in 2 minutes- and he was.

We left around 9 a.m. on Friday and drove to D.C. to go to the temple.  We had NO traffic and it was amazing!  We made it into the session by the skin of our teeth- they actually held it for us.  It was wonderful to do a session together where we got married....9 1/2ish years ago.

We made a stop at the book store to change our clothes and headed up to Baltimore to see the Orioles play- I got Mike tickets for Father's Day.  (Of course since I bought the tickets he has seen the Orioles in Florida for Spring Training AND in Baltimore about a month ago....but oh well.  This time we were going together so that makes this game the best!)  We got to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore in plenty of time to enjoy dinner together (Cheesecake Facory- our favorite date night dinner!) and we were in our seats before the National Anthem.  Luckily for us it was free hat night so we scored a couple of funny looking hats too!  Our seats were amazing and made up for the awful pitching all night long.  It was an exciting game but the Orioles let us down and we took off on our drive home about 11 p.m.  We stopped for some nutritous snacks (candy bars and soda) and arrived home around 3:15 a.m.  Long, fun, amazing day.





It gets better.

Our kids didn't know we were home.  They thought we were coming home Saturday morning. So, we locked our bedroom door and slept in until around 9 a.m. then went around the front of the house and "got home" around 9:15.  It was the perfect "overnight" get away without having to pay for a hotel or risk bed bugs (I haven't stayed in one since we got them and I'm PETRIFIED every time Mike goes to one- he is crazy about checking for them in his hotel rooms!)  We also missed the traffic from D.C. to here- on a Saturday it can take 7 hours to get home from D.C. and we wanted to avoid that as well!

It was a GREAT day!  I love love love my kids but I LOVED spending a kid free day with their Dad.  

3 comments:

This Bliss said...

SO fun! SO nice to have a day all to yourselves. Glad we have such a great sister to make that happen for you.

lynnissa said...

Yay for you guys!

{kim} said...

So fun! The best part is that you got to sleep in. You guys are geniuses.