Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Swim

We are currently in two weeks of swim lessons every morning.  The first morning (Monday) it was 59 degrees when I woke up.  By the time we got to swimming (9:20) it was probably barely 75 degrees outside and the water was also about 75 degrees.  It. Was. Freezing.  The kids were literally tortured by swimming lessons that day.  They shivered and I think all their lips were blue at the end.  Tuesday was a liiiiitttllle better, but not much.  Wednesday was much better and yesterday was actually perfect.  Wednesday we went right from swim lessons to the beach and the bay water was warmer than the pool.  Everyone swam for hours and we left soaked in sun and sand.

Because I'm awesome I haven't taken my camera anywhere I have gone this week.  Like I said- awesome.  Especially because Scott was an absolute maniac at the beach.  he would run full force into the water and practically dive into the waves.  He thought it was a pretty fun place to be.

My friend Sherrie who is much more awesome than me (in so many ways) brought her camera to swimming one day and was kind enough to take pictures of my kidlets and then send them to me.

This may just look like  a girl sitting by the pool (with her legs crossed) but since I know Emma   I know she is negotiating something about what is about to happen.  Always the negotiator.

Cheese face.  Look at the little curls at the bottom.  He is ready for his turn at swimming lessons.  He is not impressed that I don't let him climb in the pool.

Pretty cold still.

But, I'll go under anyway.

This kid can float.  He has improved so much the first week!  I think we're going to sign up for another session.

He got the squid!  It's the little dive stick in his hand.  

He is kicking his feet- like a ballerina!  Straight legs up and down.  It's pretty hilarious.



Getting ready for a jump.  Wow.  It looks serious.





He told me he was trying to do a ground pound.  You will know what that is if you belong to the Mario club like we do.


Hooray for summer!

No comments: