Sunday, June 17, 2012

In Case They Don't Know

Our family changed Father's Day this year to Wednesday since Mike will be getting home Tuesday night from an 8 day long trip to Baltimore.  Scott is pretty sick today so we skipped church which is actually ok because Emma wasn't thrilled about singing to all the other Dad's for Father's Day.

BUT, just to remind the Father's in our family - we love you!

To my Dad- this picture says a million words about something I love about you.  You are an AMAZING Grandpa.  The grandkids have dressed you up and I've seen you pretend to be everything from a snake to a princess.  I've seen you eat fake soup they serve you and sit with 4 kids on your lap reading a story.  Thank you for being a Grandpa my kids miss.  You are a blessing in our lives and I'm grateful for you every single day.  I love you and I'm glad you are my Dad.




To my Father-in-law- Thank you for raising me a good man.  I know my Mike is the kind of Father he is because he had a good example.  My children love you and look forward to seeing you.  Thank you for your support selfless service every time you are in our home.  You are a wonderful example and I'm grateful when I look for good men to point my sons to follow after I don't have to look far.  





(an older-ish picture with only two of our three babies!)  
To Mike- thank you for being a Dad and not just a Father.  Thank you for being worthy of  that A-list spot you hold in these kids hearts. Your heart is with your family and your kids can feel it, always.  I have never wondered if anything is more important to you than your family.  It radiates from you.  I love you more and more every day.  



No comments: