Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Three Months

My heart is so soft for this boy.  I could spend all the live long day with him.  He is a treasure!

At three months Scott is developing more likes and dislikes.  His baby acne has mostly cleared up and he's traded it in for a case of cradle cap.  He is becoming predictable when is awake which is nice.  He is usually awake between 1 and 2 hours at a time and it goes something like this:
Have a snack
smile at my Mom for a few minutes
Play on the floor (which means watch whatever Emma and Andrew are doing)
Complain when I'm sick of laying on the floor
Mom comes and holds me so I can practice my standing
Smile and coo and talk during stand time
Sit in my swing and swing for a while
Complain when I'm tired
Mom carries me around until it's nap time
When it is....
Go upstairs, get wrapped up like a burrito
Have some milk
Take a nap

That's how you do it if you're Scott.

Scott likes:
To lay flat on the floor
To be talked to
To stand on your lap
To watch Emma and Andrew
His swing, for about 10 minutes at a time
His "toy" mat
The sling I wear him in
To be wrapped up tight when he sleeps

He does NOT like
To sit in his bouncy seat if no one is talking to him
Being outside if it's windy
Falling asleep in any position except being wrapped up tight (hence the love of the sling)
Riding in the stroller unless I turn the seat backwards so he can see me
When Andrew treats him like a toy


He has started to bat at his toys on his toy mat, and puts his hands together.  He sucks on his fists regularly but has given his pacifier up completely.
He has one long stretch of sleep (5 or 6 hours) and then wakes up every 2 or 3 hours.  Last night he slept 4 hours and then another 4 hour stretch which was really nice. 
He is a good baby.  I wouldn't call him easy but he certainly isn't a super high needs baby.  As time goes on he seems to be chilling out a bit.  His tummy isn't as sensitive as it once was which is good (or bad) news for my chocolate love!
He is very very loved by his brother and sister.  Although they are both a little too rough with him still and the poor baby visibly flinches sometimes when they come on him too quickly. 
I can't believe he's already three months old and on the other hand I can't believe he's ONLY three months old.  I feel so drawn to him and love him so much I feel like he's been here forever.


3 comments:

This Bliss said...

I seriously cant believe it's been 3 whole months since i was sitting on your couch waiting for a call from mike. Scott is way too stinkin cute, and i cant wait to see him again.

{kim} said...

Time flies when you're havin' fun. I need to meet this little guy sometime soon.

Tonia said...

He's getting so big! I think I understand that whole drawn to him thing. That's how I've felt about Elena. Maybe it's a baby #3 thing?