This last weekend we got to go to Charleston, SC for Mike's nephew's baptism. Patrick was born 2 days after Mike and I got married so it's always easy to remember how old he is turning. We made the 8 hour road trip on Thursday afternoon after I passed my non stress test for the baby and came home Saturday after the service. It was a really quick trip but the kids had SO much fun. We also got to explore Charleston just a bit. Neither Hayley nor I had ever been to Charleston so we were excited for such an adventure. I can't wait to go back and go into some of the museums and take a fabulous carriage ride tour of the historic parts of downtown.
Mike was born in Charleston and lived there for the first 6 years of his life. His neighbor was a sweet lady named Miss Margie and when he took us to show us the house they lived in in Charleston Miss Margie was outside working in her yard so we stopped and chatted with her a bit. She burst into tears when Mike told her who he was since she remembers him as such a tiny boy. We took pictures with her on the same bench where he took pictures with her almost 25 years ago. The house in the background was his family's house when they lived there.
Such a sweet memory to have.
2 comments:
You are still road trippin' it! Good for you. Do you feel like a time bomb ready to go off?
What a cool experience! That is so sweet. Andre and I spent a night in Charleston and it is on my list of favorites! I would love to go back and spend more time there. It's a great city!
Post a Comment