He's become quite the little peddler. His sister can pedal WAY faster than him which drives him NUTS so he is working as hard as his skinny legs will carry him to perfect his speed.
Emma's become a FAST bike rider. She gets faster around corners and can ride UP the ramp of the driveway with no problem. She and her brother had a "bike race" the other day and she beat him by a mile and I've never seen a happier look on her face. Here's her winner face:
Andrew has had me laughing so much lately. In the car we often listen to the Sound of Music soundtrack. Andrew's favorite song is Do Re Mi and I've loved listening to him sing the songs. My favorite is when he sings "Doe a deer a famous deer."
The other night the Young Women came over here for their activity to learn how to make yummy yummy cinnamon rolls. Well, the kids love the young women and all day Andrew kept asking if it was time for the "yummy women" to come over. I love him.
The other day we were getting ready to go out and I had asked Andrew to come put his jacket on about 4 times. The 5th time I asked I sounded obviously frustrated with him and he stopped what he was doing and said "Mommy, you need to learn patience and when I'm doing something you don't call me over and over." He is using my own phrases against me!
Emma is DYING for shorts weather. She has decided she won't wear long sleeves or pants to bed anymore. She also won't wear long sleeves during the day. Every day she asks if it's warm enough for shorts. I wish it was!
I saw some CUTE shirt dresses at Target this week and had to practically pay Emma to choose a different color from pink. As I was trying to persuade her to ANYTHING but the pink I asked her why she always wants to wear pink and she said "because it's positively perfect and I wish the whole world could be pink." Oh, to be 5.
I have to respect the relationship these two have. Some days I want to lock them both away by 7:30 because they just scream and fight. Other times they spend 2 hours playing house together or having tea parties or running around playing "Greenstreet savers." And, no matter how much they have fought throughout the day they will not hear of sleeping in a room alone. I moved their furniture in their room around today and they were both sad their beds weren't touching anymore. It's good to have kids who love each other.....even if they don't always show it.
2 comments:
One of the best things about having kids is seeing how much they love each other.
You always know how to capture the best moments of life and you document them so well!
Post a Comment