Last Saturday it was a rainy and disgusting day.....and I really don't love Saturdays anyway. So, it was absolutely necessary for us to get out of the house. We talked about a couple of options and I suggested to the kids we go to the aquarium and see an IMAX movie. Emma said "no way." I showed them the trailer for Under the Sea and then she thought she might like it....so we did it.
Of course, Emma decided she needed her "headphones." They're not headphones, they're sound suppressors- and they've come in handy on more than one occasion for our super sensitive little lady. After the first unexpected fish snapped up a bit of lunch Emma turned away from the screen and wouldn't look back for about 15 minutes. She said "get me out of here" about 200 times, but we made it through. After that, she looked at the screen on and off and finally watched the last solid 10 minutes of the movie. As soon as the movie ended she announced "that was the best movie ever!"
She is an unbelieveable little human.
Andrew loved every darn second of the movie. He had a couple good jumps in when fishies did unexpected things....but he never complained. He can't wait to go back! He told Mike on the phone on the way home "you have to see it. It was so cool! There were so many creatures!"
After the IMAX we checked out some fish. I LOVE our membership at the aquarium- it's so great to be able to check out the fishies without the pressure of seeing everything everytime we're there.
This boy LOVES his volcanoes! There are so many awesome things at the aquarium and his favorites are the komodo dragons and the volcano thing. (I too love the komodo dragons!)
Working together on making the volcano errupt!
Emma's favorites are the jellyfish. Their tank was empty last time we were there and she was so excited to see them back where they belong!
I can't get them both to make a sweet face at the same moment....
Pushing every button they can find in the submarine.
"Riding" the dolphin
Waiting and DYING to pet a sting ray. Neither one of them have been successful yet but Andrew used every bit of patience he had and stood there for quite a while waiting for a willing sting ray. But, this time he didn't get one. Maybe next time.....
Listening to the ocean in the big shells.
Getting to pet a horseshoe crab! Hooray!
Watching the sea lions outside before we leave.....all of us were happy the rain had stopped by the time we came out!
2 comments:
Holy cow, Emma and Bentley are SOOO much alike! The sound sensitivity, the wariness of movies. Sounds like she watched that one the exact way Bentley watched IMAX Toy Story 3!
The aquarium there sounds great! I thought the aquarium in Waikiki would be pretty cool, but it's pretty lame.
I love your kids' reactions to the movie. I'm glad to hear Emma ended up liking it after all. I love that she had to take her sound suppressors with her. Andrew just sounds like such a boy, it's great!
Post a Comment