Friday, February 4, 2011

Kids n' stuff


These kids miss their Dad. Like crazy. Our friends were over here tonight and my kids were ALL over the Dad- the whole night. I felt bad for his kids since mine were drinking in the male attention like it was the last drink they would have for months. Poor little guys. Despite the fact that they are busy little bodies and really are happy no matter how much fun we have together when I see them sucking up hugs from a friend in a flight suit I remember how much they love their Dad. Most days one of them will say something that breaks my heart. Today Andrew asked if his dad would be home for his birthday and I said "no, not 'til after your birthday Buddy." He had a long face and said "but I invited him....."

See? Heart broken.

Emma saw that the calendar says "Anniverary" on March 1st. She asked if Daddy would be home before then and I said no. She got very upset and said "but he missed it last year too." Crazy that she knows that, huh?

The good news is that it looks very likely that Mike will be home in the middle of March. This is FANTASTIC news. Of course, nothing is certain until the plane with him on it touches down....but I'm holding onto hope that things are moving to get him home before the baby is born.

Speaking of baby....he's doing really well. SO well! I'm starting to wonder if this is how normal pregnant ladies feel.

Here's our belly shot at almost 29 weeks.

I feel pretty good. Sleeping is getting to be a little uncomfortable and if I'm going to be pregnant for 10 more weeks I am going to have to get one of those giant maternity pillows.....and a king sized bed so when my kids get in bed with me I don't notice them. Maybe I'll just settle for the maternity pillow.

I guess I still just look chubby since nobody ever notices that I'm pregnant....unless they can see my belly button.....which is more and more often. See? Here it is-



We've been the recipients of some AMAZING gifts this week- seriously. The generosity of our family and friends has been POURING on us. I feel like I'm drinking from a firehose of kindness....truly. I'm so in love with our baby stuff! Look at the colors on this playmat!

We've now got a place for this baby to sleep, and sit when he's not sleeping and lay under to play....and a FABULOUS place for him to sit while I'm walking around the track with him. This stroller is certainly not intended to haul around these 2 99% of the time but they thought it was so awesome after I built it they watched Olivia in it. I think it's pretty awesome that it easily accomodates my 5 year old and almost 4 year old. Our car seat can snap in the top or bottom and the bottom seats comes off and snaps on in no time flat should we decide we need 2 seats on our stroller....oh it's a beauty. I'll keep the donor of these amazing gifts anonymous but needless to say we are just drowning in the love.



4 comments:

Alison said...

The adult size Boppy maternity pillow is amazing!! Loved it! I'm so happy for you that things are going well! We have to get together in DC when it warms up!!

{kim} said...

Awesome baby stuff! I can't believe you're almost 30 weeks. You're gonna have two great helpers when the little guy gets here.

BritCosplay said...

I love that stroller! It looks amazing and you are so lucky and blessed!

Tonia said...

I'm so glad Mike will be coming home soon for you all. You are an amazing mom and you have some pretty great kids. All that baby stuff looks great and I love the stroller!