Even more miraculous than the fact that we MADE money selling a car full of stuff sitting in our closets on Saturday was the fact that I only spent $2 at this community yard sale. I'm not gonna lie- it was hard! Emma was looking at a collection of Care Bears with stars in her eyes and I almost gave in and then I reminded myself- SIMPLIFY! Also- I can't stand the buckets of stuffed animals we have as it is....no need to add to it. But, what we could pass up were these two FABULOUS costumes for $1 each. I didn't even intend for them to dress up in them for Halloween. I just thought they'd be great for our dress up box. But, the kids have decicded these are THE costumes. So, for a whopping $2 Halloween 2010 is brought to you by the community yard sale.
We have to work on Andrew's mask- we can't seem to keep it over his eyes. He doesn't mind, but I can see it might be a problem walking down the street in the dark....



And, now why nothing ever gets done here. Yesterday while I was sweeping the kitchen floor my kids managed to make these messes- that's right- in about 10 minutes.


This is why people let their kids watch T.V. all day.
5 comments:
I love great yard sale finds, but your right, one must be careful not to buy it just because it's cheap. I concur on the last part about people letting their kids watch TV. At times I am guilty, but only when I REALLY need to get something done.
Great costumes! Cleaning the house with kids home is like shoveling snow in a blizzard.
2 bucks for those super cute costumes??? Oh yeah, baby.
lol! I love yard sales! I have a hard time buying things in the store full price, because I know I can find them cheaper on sales. Good for your self control. I have a really hard time not spending money on good deals!
I love how you documented why nothing ever gets done. It's so true! I like what Kim said above!
I'm not a very good yard saler, I never find the steals! Way to go on some steals!
Post a Comment