Monday, September 13, 2010

Keeping up with us

Another week went by REALLY fast! We've only got 4 weekends left 'til Mike leaves for 6 months and we are just as busy as we've ever been. It's hard to believe there was a time in our lives weeekends were for relaxing, slowing down, seeing movies! Not hardly now- it's all we can do to get the dishes done amidsts our stream of activity.


The housing office organized a yard sale which we participated in- it was at a community center about 15 minutes away but it was worth it! We got rid of a whole car load of stuff and made about $120!

Mike took the kids to see the ships on base and took them up on an aircraft carrier- which sounds fun but our little Navy kids seem to take the whole thing for granted! They also visited the helicopter while I sold away old stuff.

Then, we took off for Elizabeth City about 90 minutes south of us for some fun with friends! I wasn't feeling great all afternoon and by the time we got home I was ready to sleep my life away- which I did for the next 24 hours. Mike took the kids to church by himself and got everyone ready and I could sleep off my sickness. It's so great to be sick with your husband in the same country! I am so hoping that's all the sickness in store for me for the next 6 months. A girl can hope, right?

So, to sum it up- we're busy! We're having fun! Here are some pics to prove it:



2 comments:

{kim} said...

I'm glad Mike was there to take care of the kids...you definitely deserved it! I didn't realize he was going to be gone for 6 months...WOW. I should plan a trip to come see you during that time...

Tonia said...

Does it seem like life suddenly went into warp speed for you guys too? I hear whhat you're saying about busy weekends!

I'm glad you got your illness all out of your system while Mike was home ;) There's nothing worse than taking care of kids when you feel awful.

Wish it was us you were visiting in E City. Darn Hawaii!