
We took a trip down the road to the Cape May Zoo one day and it was SUCH a bust! EVERYONE in South Jersey was there. It was truly way way way too crowded. It was hot as sin and you couldn't really look at any of the animals because of the masses of people. After about 30 minutes we were sick of the crowds and left. We took the kids to the playground and they loved that more than the chance to see the animals. We topped off the trip with a ride on the carousel and a piggy back race to the car. Even though the grown ups were hot and crabby the kids both thought it was a fun trip....it's good to be a kid.



One morning we took our kites out onto the beach and it was a GREAT day to fly a kite. Mike had the great idea to put the kite on a fishing pole but the kids both just wanted to hold the handle to their kites and no one appreciated their dads ingenious invention. I actually think it was the first time I had ever gone out and flown a kite (that I can remember) so I thought it was great. We couldn't have asked for a better kite day!





Andrew's version of boogie boarding. I'm so glad this floaty suit helped us through 2 summers!






Just before we left everyone pretended it was June 24th and had a big birthday party for me! It was so sweet and surprising since my birthday was so long ago- but it was wonderful since I got to be with so many people I love on my "birthday." Like Mike said "everyone should have more than a milk shake from Chick fil A on their birthday." Emma was a little confused about why we were celebrating my birthday AGAIN (she thought the Chick fil A was plenty!). But, she had no problem taking down a piece of this fabulous strawberry shortcake Mike got for me! It's good to be 30 (again).
2 comments:
I am so jealous you got to go to the beach again! Looks like you all had such a great time!
I haven't flown a kite in ages, my poor kids! It looks like you had a great time. And I'm glad you got to have a real celebration of your birthday!!!
Post a Comment