Friday, August 13, 2010

Maddie Week!

We brought our sweet friend Maddie home from Ocean City with us. I'm sure she was wondering what she had gotten herself into during our 6 hour ride home but we had so much fun once she got here. I felt like a 15 year old all week. I watched more movies in 5 days than I probably have in the last 4 years! We played cards, rode our bikes, shopped, cooked, and went to the beach! Maddie is so great with the kids! Truly. I would be working on something (laundry, cooking, etc) and she would say to the kids "who wants to go play hide and seek?" They loved having her here so much.

We took a trip to the botanical garden to check out the butterfly house- it was soooooo hot that day but the butterflies like the heat so they were all flying around their house and it was fun to see.

When we dropped Maddie off at the train station both the kids would have happily tagged along with her. When the train drove away Emma said "I'm really gonna miss Maddie. She's my favorite big girl in the whole world."

Mine too.


1 comment:

{kim} said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love it when Kalli comes because she will play with the kids non-stop too.