Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

We were abounding in friends and fun today.

Emma came in my room at 6:30 dressed announcing she was all ready to start her day.

We did some chores before all our friends came over and even though I really really really wanted to make Emma change her outfit I didn't.




We had our friends Shane, Carson, and Easton over today. Poor Emma is the lone girl in a sea of boy friends. She needs some girly friends. How come all the people I like around here have only boys? We all had a great time. Mommy conversation, Subway sandwhiches for lunch, lots and lots of toys played with and of course a trip to the playground.









Next, Sherrie took a cute picture of Emma and I- and when I looked at it I thought I looked, well, 30. Then, I saw this picture of my profile and it definitely looks 30. So, I guess I can't be sad or in denial about turning 30 because you know what? I DO look 30. I'd be sad if I thought I was BETTER 10 yeas ago but while I was thinner and didn't have any stretch marks or fine lines I also wasn't as happy as I am now. Plus, whenever I lament for even a second about getting "older" to Mike he is quick to tell me I've gotten better with age and you just can't feel anything about that besides happy.

5 comments:

Kori said...

Thanks for making me feel better for being 31. I concur with your observations.

Alison said...

I'm so jealous. Ugh. Why did I have to move to Jacksonville!!!??

Tonia said...

I don't think you look 30, but maybe that's cause I'm 30 and I look 30. I remember when I was early 20's and thinking that I had nothing in common with those ladies in their early 30's. Wow, time goes fast! I do also agree with your observations though about 30 being better, I don't mind it at all.

I'm with Alison, forget Hawaii - why didn't we get E-city?

Michelle said...

Emma may hate it now but she will never have a shortage of dates when she turns 16 and she will LOVE that!

ALYN said...

Oh 30, that was a long time ago...

You still have some weeks left of 29 think! You look great. And what a sweet husband.