Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A week gone

It's so weird that only one week ago I woke up next to Mike. It feels like it's been a lot longer already. However, Mike's station in Naples allows us to use our webcam to talk to him and the kids have "seen" him every day and I've been able to speak to him multiple times. So, while we're mising his presence I can't do anything but be grateful for technology that keeps us in touch and close!

We've had QUITE a week! We've got a big wall calendar and every day the kids and I put a sticker on and write something we did that day- kind of like a journal calendar for Daddy. Last night I realized our random notes were pretty fun and that a lot of random stuff has happened. One thing that hasn't happened enough is that I haven't taken enough pictures- and I need to take more. But, my sad 5.0 megapixel camera just isn't doing it for me. But, we (the camera and I) had a long talk last night and we're going to try and make it work- good relationships don't just happen you know.

The kids and I went to the beach on Saturday. From our front door to the beach (it's the Chesapeake Bay) is exactly 2 miles. It's pretty great to have this in our back yard!


Andrew was in HEAVEN. A bucket, a shovel, something to dig. He was busy busy busy for about 70 minutes before he even spoke to me. It's good to be a kid.


Emma dancing with her shadow- it's very Napoleon Dynamite



Emma had her first swimming lesson- and it was pretty great. Initally I was pretty sad Andrew couldn't get into the class too because it was full but after seeing the class I felt better. I don't think he's ready to be trusted to sit on the steps and wait his turn. Mabye in a couple more months he'll be ready but I'd be too stressed out to hand my boy who can't really be trusted to someone I don't know in a pool. Emma was pretty nervous and the last thing the kids did was jump in the pool to the teacher and Emma explained "I'm too nervous to jump to you so can you come closer?" I was pretty proud of her for solving her own problem- and she bounded over to me and was excited to go back! There is a play room in this place and a really fun indoor pool Andrew was DYING to use- so maybe we'll join.







when did she start looking so grown up?

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

The boys would be in HEAVEN if we lived that close to the beach. I'm glad you are finding things to keep you busy so that this time will go quickly while Mike is gone.

{kim} said...

I am so envious of how close you live to the beach. Lucky kids! And, how lucky is Mike to be in Naples? My friend Rosa lives there and keeps trying to get us to come visit. We should all plan a trip sometime!

Sherrie said...

The indoor pool looks like fun!