Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

Today was a normal Sunday. Church, home, rest and then for the second Sunday in a row BOTH the kids were asleep. It was magical. Mike and I skyped (it's a verb) for almost two hours. It was great.

Of course the kids sleeping until almost 6 p.m. has its drawbacks. Bedtime isn't at 7:30. We collected some clover and went for a walk around the block looking for bunnies. We didn't find any but I called a truce with my camera and played with some of the settings and took a bunch of pictures. The 9:30 bedtime was worth the afternoon chat with my Sweetie.

All things considered- it's a good deployment so far. We've talked every day multiple times a day and have seen each other on the computer at least once a day. He isn't here and I miss him but at least I don't feel out of touch with him. Of couse he'll be out on the ship this summer before he comes home and I'll be singing a different tune but for now we're just going to focus on the positive.

Mike's dad saw a box turtle walking around outside this morning and went out and caught it to show it to the kids. They were pretty impressed with their Grandpa and the turtle. Oh, Mike's parents are staying with us for a bit while they're waiting to go on a mission. Just call us Hotel Greenstreet.

Here are some of our snaps this afternoon. I love Sunday. Andrew has different feelings so far. On the way home from church he asked to go to the park, just like he does every day of his life and I answered the way I do every other Sunday: "no, we don't go to the playground on Sunday." He said in his best grown up whine "awwwww not again!" He'll never fully appreciate that whole "day of rest" thing until his life calls for a reason to rest but it was still funny.















And, last but not least the picture Andrew snapped of Emma, Molly and I.


3 comments:

Kori said...

Nice that Mike's parents can visit for awhile so your not totally alone. Love the turtle also.

Sherrie said...

The last picture is my favorite :)

BritCosplay said...

What great pictures and memories! thank you for sharing!