Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mushy

Sometimes it takes me by surprise how much I love my kids.

Yesterday we were driving in the car and drove by a cemetery and I had recently told my kids what a cemetery was (upon being asked) and Andrew reminded me as we drove by:
"Mommy a cemetery is a quiet place where you don't run or eat or yell. And, you never jump on dead people."

It made me laugh but it also made me slightly more soft for him. All the times I think there's no use talking to this child he is listening to me. He's soaking it in and absorbing what a I say. He's a good little guy.

Today I made Emma's bed and I found this note under Molly's pillow. (Molly the American Girl doll whom to my knowledge does not know how to read.) The heart of this four year old girl is such a sweet tender place I never ever want it to change.

3 comments:

ALYN said...

That is SO CUTE!

{kim} said...

What sweet kids! I love those few moments during the day. They really do make up for all the tanrums and fighting.

Tonia said...

So sweet! I love those tender moments that help make the not so tender moments easier.