Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine


(This is my favorite photo taken on our wedding day. Neither of us is looking at the camera, nor did we know the picture was being taken and I love how happy we look. It's how happy we were. It's how happy we are.)


Today was not unlike any other day. I didn't go to church because I was home with a sickly kiddo. I had a little time to think about my Valentine while my kids were sleeping at the same time for 20 minutes this afternoon....

I really love him. I really love so many things about him. And, because on Valentine's Day I'm allowed to be extra sappy about it:

I love....

-that he always asks my opinion
-that he values the opinion I give
-that he will make the bed for me before we get in it- even though he wouldn't do it for himself
-that he does laundry and vacuums without me ever asking him to
-that he always asks how my day was
-that he will watch girlie movies with me- and like them
-that he let us get a cat and now likes her
-that he loves my cooking and often says that I'm a "great" cook (even though I'm probably just average)
-that he thinks I'm hot
-that he says "what can I do for you?" when it looks like I need some help
-that he lets me make him "to do" lists
-that he loves to just run errands with us
-that he never ever wants to go out with anyone but me
-that he will just listen when I want him to
-that when he is leaving for weeks and months at a time there are tears in his eyes when he thinks about how much he'll miss his kids
-that he is a good man and I can't ever join in on the "my husband is such a dirt bag because...." conversations
-that he is forgiving of my mistakes, and there has been many


I love you, Mike.

3 comments:

{kim} said...

You're right-Mike is awesome! We need to all hang out sometime when we aren't being deployed or having babies.

Tonia said...

So sweet! The picture of you two is so cute, you really do both look so happy.

ALYN said...

I think I'm all caught up on "life as a Greenstreet" Very nice Valentine's tribute. That is a great wedding day picture. Glad to hear everyone's recovering. The airplane mobile is so darling!