Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flu Fallout

I think, I think it's safe to say this stomach flu is over so I can write about it now.

It was the stomach bug from you-know-where. I've done serious amounts of laundry over the last week- every sheet in this house has been used more than once, every towel at least 3 times and I'm pretty sure at this point I've scrubbed more places in the carpet than I haven't. I'm a little worried our house must have a faint vomit smell and even though it's freezing outside I've opened up a window or two at a time for a bit to let a little fresh freezing air in.

For about a week this was the scene at our house:



Emma still doesn't have all her energy back and I assume it will take many days for it to come back. Andrew has finally gotten his appetite back and has been taking down milkshakes like there's no tomorrow.

I can't express how thankful I am that I didn't get this stomach bug. I generally don't get these sort of sicknesses but when my sister in law who had been here visiting came down with it I was really really worried. Not because I'm scared of being sick because I certainly am not. In fact I would have happily switched with my kids because they were in bad shape. I just knew that I had to take care of these kiddos and my back up is currently out of the country so I really really didn't want to get sick. Well, I didn't and I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm glad everyone is back to normal now. I hate when the kids get the stomach bug. It's so sad.

{kim} said...

Man, you've had some rough times with the kids and stomach bugs when Mike has been gone. He owes you big time!

Kori said...

My boys had a stomach bug back in Dec. when John was in Florida, so I can sympathize with you a little. Glad they're doing better.

Tonia said...

Poor kids. That darn military curse hit you big time this time, so not fair! I'm glad everyone is slowly getting back to normal and that you stayed healthy.