Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday night thoughts

Today went as well as it possibly could have. I was really surprised by the # of people at church who knew Mike was gone (I didn't tell anyone) who offered any sort of help I needed. Of course what I wanted to say was "can you come over every morning around 9 so I can go for a run?" But, I didn't say that. I thanked them all graciously. It is good to be surrounded by good people.

Andrew stayed in his class! Hooray! He didn't even cry when I left- MIRACLE! Of course the SECOND he came out he wanted his "Nemos." Fruit snacks have been on the "do not eat" list here. We've given up food dye (and they're not good for your teeth). BUT, Andrew would KILL for a pack of Nemo fruit snacks. So, we decided to offer these little teeth rotting dye filled treats to him as a bribe for staying in nursery. And, 3 weeks in a row he has loved every one of those little Nemo characters after his class.

I will happily have each one of this child's teeth filled if he will just stay in his class.



We weren't late for church (there before the opening song means not late). We had to park REALLY far away and it was POURING when we got to church and I didn't have an umbrella. So, we got to our seats looking a little like wet kittens, but we dried out.

Emma came home with an assignment to give her first talk next week! Isn't that exciting?! She thinks so!



Poor Emma has an ear infection I'm sure. She's been carrying a fever for a couple of days and finally today is telling me her ear hurts. (Bummer) She also slammed her finger in a drawer and it is all swollen where she slammed it. It's a big blood blister. (I'm sure it's not broken Mom and Rae) She feels much better when there is a Mickey Mouse band aid on her finger with some neosporin plus pain on it (LOVE that stuff!)

I've printed all of our stuff for our "Arctic animals" unit next week. I REALLY wish the libraries were open tomorrow because I've got a list of about 20 books to get and a big bag of about 25 to return. I appreciate Dr. King as much as the next free American but like I said I REALLY wish the library was open...just 'til noon.

BUT, since it's not we're hoping for some sunshine so we can go take a lap around Mt. Trashmore (there will be immense coveting of that jogging stroller I don't have). Hopefully a nice afternoon too so we can bike ride to "the rocks." The kids like to throw rocks in the bay and there is a great spot about a 2 mile bike ride away.

24 started tonight and I can't believe Mike's not here to watch it with me tomorrow night. This is OUR show. I've got it recording on our DVR and I will keep it til he gets home. I'm not going to watch it until he gets here so nobody tell me what Jack Bauer is up to! If you don't watch 24 you're missing the only great drama on TV and if you want I have the first season I will loan to you- it rocks!

1 comment:

{kim} said...

24 was soooo good. It IS the best show on TV. That's great that you can save it for Mike. It will be fun to watch it all at once instead of over a period of 5 months too. I bet you could find a double jogging stroller on craigslist? Jamie has one. But as for me personally, I would hate to take two kids jogging. Those things are hard to run with cause you can't move your arms! I guess you can't really go running without one though :-( Which is why you need to come stay with me and I will babysit for you.