Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moments from Monday

For some reason I woke up today and could have sworn it was Monday....but it's Tuesday.

I feel like I lost a day somewhere. In fact, had I not written this little note of things to remember I probably would have forgotten the day altogether.

Hmmm

I was taking the trash out and said to the kids "I'll be right back." Andrew called back after me "No, Mommy! Don't go to Haiti." Poor guy. He was happy when I came back 60 seconds later.

I let the kids watch a video of Mike landing his helicopter on the ship and they were waving and calling "Hi, Daddy!" They were so excited. When the helicopter pilot in the video didn't call back to them Emma said "Oh, I guess he can't hear us."

Here's the video:
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/22264581/detail.html

The kids have been getting along very well....it's kind of spooky. They sat at the computer this morning for almost 30 minutes while I made beds, put laundry away, got dressed, etc and nobody called out for help once. Not once! No one was pushed, scratched, hit, etc.

Like I said, spooky.



We're off to get some books, play in the sun and hopefully come home very very tired in about 4 hours. (If the naptime fairy could start visiting again that would rock!)

A very funny boy:


Some awesome bedhead:

1 comment:

ALYN said...

Wow that's a great mission that Mike gets to be a vital part of. Wow. again. I'm sure the very short notice is difficult for you. Thanks for your sacrifice Brooke. I"m sure many people will be blessed.

How's the car? Hope the kids are good for you! Take somebody up on an offer to help, you need a respite from kids sometimes!