Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day!

Today is our first official snow day in quite some time! We had a big snow storm when we lived in New Jersey on President's Day weekend. Emma was 14ish weeks old so she (of course) doesn't remember that one.

It started snowing here some time around midnight and it's been pretty steady. There are probably 3ish inches on the ground. Emma was asking me for snowman supplies around 6 a.m The kiddies looked out my bedroom window while I lay in bed this morning kind of hoping they wouldn't ask to play in the snow. Of course they did. I decided to let them get a taste of it about 8:30 again kind of hoping they would hate it. Well, they didn't hate it and they didn't agree to come in the house until they were totally soaked and freezing! They loved it! They've been sitting in the windows looking out at the falling snow all morning. We decided to wait and make our snowman when it was done snowing (probably we'll make him tomorrow since it's not melting anytime soon).

When we lived in Florida a sweet lady in our ward gave us some snow suits she thought we'd need before her kids did. Well, today we used them and they were awesome! Emma looked a little like an astronaut but she was really warm. Even Andrew said "Emma, why you wear a flight suit?"

I have given absolutely NO regard to good/bad pics or the order they're in. I'm just posting the pictures i took because
A) Mike asked for more pics
B) I am still using a borrowed computer and it has no photo editing/viewing program and it is ANNOYING to say the least. I'm hoping our HP arrives from the shop this week....














2 comments:

{kim} said...

They look so cold! You're a good mom for letting them play in the snow. I always make them wait til the afternoon so it won't be so cold. But then it's always melted. Oops.

Tonia said...

I don't blame you for hoping they would hate the snow but they sure do look cute all bundled up in their snow suits. It almost makes me miss the snow for a minute, then I come to my senses!