We had to drop by the store for one last stocking stuffer and it was INSANE. I mean- it was wild how many people were in Target. There was a news crew there and since I was wearing my reindeer ears (as I do every year on Christmas Eve) they filmed us! We didn't see it or record it though...oh well.
We went to a museum called the Courthouse Galleries to see the "Christmas town display" It was basically a LOT of Christmas decorations. They gave all the kids an "I spy" paper as we walked in and the kids thought it was really fun. There was also a trackless train outside (tractor made into a train) we rode and the magic in Andrew's eyes was PRICELESS!
There were lots of trains inside as well and we decided next year we need one of those trains that goes around the tree.



Other moments from Christmas Eve
-Eating our annual "pizza feast" in a resturant instead of at home- it was AMAZING pizza and we all loved it.
-Mike reading Luke 2 to the kids and Emma following along SO intently. The story means something to her and I am so thankful for such a thoughtful little girl
-The kids making Santa's cookies with me. They were so careful to make sure they were just perfefct for Santa. They decorated and mixed with care. Then, they licked their spoons and shared with each other.
-Singing Christmas songs all together
-Watching a Christmas Carol with Mike while we built the vanity and tool bench- Santa does NOT have an easy job.
-Wondering who was more excited about Christmas us or the kids? I think it's better to be a grown up! It's so magical!



1 comment:
I love that you wear antlers every Christmas eve. What a fun tradition. I also love that y our kids shared spoon! It is so cute. I love the chairs they are sitting in too!
Post a Comment