We made some REALLY simple candy houses this year. I saw the gingerbread kits at Target but the candy in those kits is just awful. Actually everything in them is just awful except the ready made houses...so we decided to try and figure it out on our own this year. I kept a couple of milk cartons to build the houses around and we used homemade cream cheese icing. I couldn't believe how intently Andrew decorated his house. He did eat some candy but not nearly as much as I thought he would. Emma was sad we didn't have gingerbread men for the houses so next year I'll be sure to buy a package of gingerbread cookies. They turned out really cute. I tried to stay out of it as much as I could and since I didn't have enough frosting for 3 houses I just let the kids each make one- so no "quality controlled" houses here- just what the kids came up with. We left them on the mantle for Santa to see and since he left gifts for everyone, I'm guessing he thought they were okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment