So, last week we were 2 hours late for church. Somehow we both forgot we start church at 9 and not 11 and when we showed up at 11 we were shocked to find we were in the last hour of church. Our last ward started at 10:30 and the first week of Oct. we had General Conference and the weekend prior to last we were in Delaware and went to church with Mike's parents who start at 11. We were all messed up. Emma was FURIOUS she missed her class. She was thrilled when we got to church on time today and said "I'm so glad I can learn in my class." Funny kid.
I got a new calling at church and NO it is NOT Nursery Leader. Much to Andrew's chagrin, and maybe to mine after January when I don't have Mike to help me. I am going to be in the Young Women's Presidency. It's a pretty small group of girls (4) and I'm pretty excited. Although the Bishop asked me if I would go to girls camp in June and of course I'm already thinking that means I'll need someone here for the week to watch my kids....and every Wednesday night as well. There's a girl that lives around the corner from us who is a high school senior and she's home schooled. She is such a nice girl and we're going to have her start coming over to play with our kids so (hopefully) by the time Mike leaves she will be able to come and stay with them on Wednesday nights while I go to Young Women.
EVERY time we go somewhere in the car Andrew has decided HE should drive his cozy coupe. He actually told Mike he would meet us at Target the other day. We had a nice laugh imagining him driving down the road. He is genuinely angry when we tell him he can't drive his own car.

We went to a costume party for the kids at Mike's squadron. They had a bouncy castle, pumpkins to paint, CANDY, pizza, carnival like games, and lots of other kids in costumes. Emma spent the better part of 2 hours bouncing like a fool. Andrew spent the better part of 2 hours moving in and out of the entryway of the bouncy house. He wants to be brave but is well aware that he will be bounced around like a popcorn kernel among bigger kids. They had some bubble wrap taped to the floor and the kids ran around on it and popped the bubbles. It was quite a hit. Pretty soon after we got in we took the kids costumes off because it was about 83 degrees and humid yesterday. So, I only snapped one on the way in of both of them. I need to make a flower headband thing for Emma's head but I didn't have a car any day this week so no trips to the craft store. Maybe tomorrow.....


Last weekend it was in the 50's and rainy so when we had some nice weather days this week I had a renewed love of being outside. I also feared the winter as I always do. We spent more hours than usual at the playground.
Watching a helicopter fly overhead. Wonder what/who they're thinking about....




Imagination is flowing in this house. Every day I see more and more glimpses of a calmer, more focused Andrew when he plays by himself. I love seeing the things the kids come up with to do.
Playing freeze dance. They were listening to Raffi and I would pause the music and they would both freeze until one of them would fall over and they would laugh themselves silly.

Emma flipped the Bumbo chair over and made it into a dining room table for these little guys. It was quite an event.
I just love the group here: princess, king, fairies, a police man, a carriage and Rocket. They all took turns dancing, having carriage rides and flying in rocket.

Kitchen counter or parking garage- you decide.
That's much better...I'm so glad the sulky post will not be on top anymore.
6 comments:
Brooke, Andrew's costume is SO dang cute! (I guess I'm getting into boy stuff, after all.)
And of course, Emma is precious and darling! One of the things I love about blogging is being able to look at those snapshots of my family and remember how cute they are and how blessed I am.
This is the first time I saw your other post. It's OK to feel angry or sad or upset or any number of feelings. It's normal and natural. I can totally understand that no matter what the options for surgery or hearing aids, this is still a very tough thing to deal with. It's a HUGE thing to be loosing your hearing, and your post did seem very positive, considering the shock. It's hard to accept something long term like that. But the resurrection sure will be a great day: your ears will be restored to a perfect state!
Know you are in our thoughts and prayers. And you are a great example to me of a great mommy, and a strong woman. I really admire you. You're amazing Brooke.
Such cute kids(costumes too)!! Oh how I miss them. I think about Emma everytime Adalyn starts to line animals up on the window sill.
You are so great with the toddler kids, but I know you will be just as, if not more, amazing with those girls. They will be able to learn so much from you. :) I only hope Adalyn has soneone like you as her teacher in young womens when then day comes...
So cute!! I love them in their costumes! I also love the story about Andrew driving to Target. What a funny kid!
I'm so happy you are in YW!!!! Please call me with ideas, and I will do the same. We also have a small group (about 5 girls) so I can relate. What a fun post! The kids look awesome, and I just peed my pants thinking about Andrew driving that car to Target. I wanted to get one for Talan but Steve wouldn't let me cause he said they were ugly. I think Tatum needs one though.
Oops, I just realized I am signed in to Larissa's account. But it's me-Kimmie!
I LOVE the costumes! They are so adorable!
Post a Comment