Thursday, October 29, 2009

Craftiness for the highly un-crafty

I'm NOT crafty. I don't have the patience to make things perfect or do them over and over again.

However, I LOVE little handmade things. In MY world (Like Alice in Wonderland) all my children have uniqe wooden toys and I made some of them.

Well, I grabbed at that silly little dream and this is what I came up with.

Don't enlarge the picture. They're only really cute from a distance.



But, they've been well recieved by the kids and that's all I wanted. As a matter of fact one of them is already missing. Hmmmm.

Emma named them: Eat, Chris, Line, Emily and Dot.

I know, hilarious.





Just in case you want to do this (which you should cause it's so fun. I'm already jones-in to make some boys for Andrew)
All you need:
Peg People (if you can't find them at a craft store there are cheap ones from etsy.com or many many many wood places online)
I used scrapbook paper for their clothes
Sharpie markers
Mod podge

4 comments:

Alison said...

You are crafty!! Very cute!! I might have to steal your idea!

{kim} said...

good job crafty crafterson! very cute!

Adriane said...

Aww, I think they look great! Such a fun idea!

Tonia said...

Those turned out so cute! What a great idea. You may not think you are crafty but you are definitely very creative and all the little crafty projects I've seen you do have turned out great! This one is no exception.