Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Goodbye October!

Well, October is gone and I can't really say I'm sorry about that. It was quite a month for me and I'm so excited November is here. I love Thanksgiving and Emma's birthday! This Halloween was the first anticipated one we've had together. This is the 7th Halloween since we got married and this is the first time we ever carved pumpkins. (Lame-O)

Emma woke me up at 7:30 Halloween morning asking if it was time to go trick or treating yet. She was thrilled about it all day long. She had been waiting long weeks for this day and I think it proved to be quite a good one for the kiddies.

We had friends from Florida who have just recently moved to Elizabeth City, NC which is about an hour from us. They came up to Virginia Beach for vacation and spent all day Saturday and Sunday with us. It was quite enjoyable. They have a 2 year old boy and a sweet little 2 month old boy and all parents and kids really enjoyed themselves.

Well, we started the day taking our friends to see "Mike's" helicopter which everyone seems to enjoy. Our friend Jon is also a pilot (not a helicopter pilot but still a pilot) so there was much more conversation in the cock pit than usual. The kids enjoyed climbing in and out of the helicopter.



All the kids took a rest in the afternoon and the conversation was just delightful. Houses, kids, government corruption. When rest and chatting time was over it was off to the neighbors house for a neighborhood Halloween party. We got to meet so many of our neighbors and once again I realized how awesome it is to live in such a great neighborhood. The kids had a blast and were just so cute (totally biased).
Andrew and his little friend Maren from across the street. Maren is dressed up as the cowardly lion. There are 5 kids in her family and they were all Wizard of Oz characters and their mom made every stitch of their costumes in like a week! Holy smokes. I thought I'm was all cool for making Emma's tutu....not so much.


Well homemade or not Andrew is about the darn cutest thing in a flight suit. Mike gave him his cover (hat) and dog tags to wear and Andrew was thrilled to be a pilot "just like daddy."



Like I said- they had a great time. Look at that face.


Our proof that we carved pumpkins. It was more fun than we thought it would be so we may just make it a tradition.


Andrew was far too concerned Carson (our friends little boy) might swipe some of his candy to look up for a picture. If only he knew that after he went to bed we swiped more than a few and then dumped the rest into the community candy basket.


Our trick or treating crew. Our camera is great but I have decided I am the worlds WORST photographer. I take blurry pictures. I must have shaky hands. Oh well.


And, last but not least pictures of some of my favorite parts of October:

One day we made black cats and I usually ask Emma if she wants to write her name on her project. Since she doesn't think I'm trying to have her practice writing she usually does and today it really said EMMA! She said "E-M-M-A spells Emma!" I looked over and was (of course) very proud of her new name writing skill. Well not to be out done or unnoticed Andrew very quickly wrote on his project saying out loud "L-L-V-O Anno" (He calls himself Anno) And, I just can't decide which part of that story I love the most.




5 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Andrew makes the cutest little pilot that I have ever seen! Great costume idea!

Kori said...

Halloween and fall time are loads of fun, especially with kids. I love your kids costumes.

Tonia said...

I love the costumes! Whether the costume was homemade or not, Andrew does make one cute pilot! And what smart little kids you have!

Alison said...

They look so cute in their costumes!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Rachel said...

So cute Brooke! I love that holiday! And by the way, please never cut Emma's hair :) She's gorgeous