Friday, September 25, 2009

A week late

I realize today is Saturday and it's been a week since I should have posted this. Last Friday was Emma's first ever soccer practice. It was basically the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. Tiny little people in shin guards. She was so excited all day she couldn't eat, and she was afraid to start anything big because we might be late for soccer. In fact, we ran a couple of errands before we went to soccer practice and one of them was to Target- her favorite place. When we got there she said "I'm going to stay in the car so I'm not late for soccer." (we didn't leave her in the car) Unbelievable!


No surprise that she's a little flighty and doesn't focus on soccer the whole way through soccer practice. She usually needs some reminders to do what everyone else is doing- especially towards the end. She doesn't care one lick about the actual game of soccer but she LOVES the idea of going to play soccer with other kids. At three it should only be about having fun, right?

Since I'm remembering firsts we had a couple other firsts last weekend. Andrew got his first haircut from the barber last Saturday. We've tried to be all frugal and cut his hair but we (I) end up just butchering it every time and we end up shaving his head. Since he's pretty skinny (understatement) bald isn't really a great look for him (think prisoner of war). So, he went with daddy to the barber. He was very brave until it was time to sit in the chair then he wasn't very excited. BUT, the lady (barberette?) gave him a lollipop and all was well. He was very proud of himself. He also looks pretty sweet.
(Try to notice the haircut)


On Sunday Emma had her first primary program. She sang all the songs and even had a speaking part! She did great. Four years ago when I was pregnant with Emma during our primary program I thought how fun it would be when MY kid was up there looking so cute and singing. I was right. It's pretty cute. Of course almost an hour of sitting still gets to a girl who is still just 3. So, she stood up a couple of times and twirled. After church when I picked her up at her class her teacher asked me "does she take ballet lessons?" I said "no, not yet." And, she said "oh, well she needs to! There is just a ballerina inside of her waiting to get out." Guess we'll have to look into that for my little Angelina Ballerina.

Of course, I don't have any pictures of the program although I seriously considered breaking the "no pictures in the chapel" rule. So, instead how about the other kid in the funny glasses?


(Thanks to Sylvie for the goodie bags from her party- they were so fun!)

8 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I tried to get the boys in soccer but we were a day late for signing up. Instead they are swimming. I think it would be so cute to see little tiny people running around.

I love your new house by the way.

Alison said...

I can't believe how much they've grown up in a year! Emma's hair is so long and I teared up just thinking about her in the primary program! The soccer pictures are awesome! Go, Fight, Win, Emma!!

{kim} said...

When I saw the title I thought this post was gonna be about something else :-)

ALYN said...

Barberette! I laughed out loud. funny stuff. Lia was quite cute in soccer. Maybe we should sign up again...

Brittany said...

sooo cute! I bet she was adorable in her shin guards and soccer getup! Andrew has a very handsome hair cut and I think every little girl should start ballet classes. I think it is in the little girl gene to be a dancer.

Michelle said...

They are so cute. I love the pictures of Emma in her soccer uniform. I have to agree with you on the Primary Program...I went yesterday to watch Corie's kids and cant wait for it to be my kids up there. They are so cute and I laugh so hard through the whole program. It is the BEST sunday of the year!

Alison said...

Cute, cute kids!

I can't believe how long Emma's hair has gotten!

Kori said...

We had our Primary Program yesterday and it was very cute! I got to be the one whispering the parts to the kids who couldn't remember. I loved watching all the parents faces when it was their kids turn.