Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens does this awesome thing- Hail to the Heroes where military servicemen and their families (up to 4 people) get into any of their parks free once a year. Well, since we're only about an hour away from Busch Gardens in Williamsburg we met some friends and took advantage of this awesome program. Of course I decided that Amheiser Busch probably offers this program because as a group members of the military consume more alchohol than any other group on the planet probably accounting for 50% of Amheiser Busch's profits every year. But, since we don't drink it's just a great deal for us.

We met our friends Jack and Ray (and their mom and dad) there and all the kids (and the grown ups) had a great time. Emma was so excited to see big roller coasters and wanted to get on them! We stuck with the kiddie roller coaster in Sesame Street land. It was still pretty big and fast but Mike said she loved it. She was a little nervous initially but in the second hill he said she lifted up her arms in theair and screamed "wooooo." Poor Andrew was too short to go on the roller coaster and he was very sad about it. Maybe next year.....

Busch Gardens had lots of splash pads to play in so our last activity was that and when we left at about 2:30 Andrew was roasted. He fell asleep before we got to the car wrapped up in his towel.

It was a really fun day. The park was really clean and there were beautiful gardens everywhere. I know Sesame Street is their big draw for the 6 and under crowd but we thought their other kiddie area (Land of the Dragons) was better. Sesame Street area was REALLY crowded and loud and a little over stimulating- in fact Emma covered up her ears and said "it's too loud, let's get out of here!" September was also a perfect time to go- not as crowded as during the summer and still warm enough for the kids to play in the splash pads.



So....I've tried like 20 times to upload other pictures from Busch Gardens to this post and it's just not happening. Sorry....and if you have access to my Facebook, I'll post them there.

4 comments:

Alison said...

So cute! I love Busch Gardens!

Tonia said...

I've never been to Busch Gardens - it sounds like you had fun. It also sounds like Emma did better on her first roller coaster experience than Bella did with hers! Cute!

Kori said...

I've been to that exact one in high school, I remember it being pretty awesome! That's cool that you got in free.

{kim} said...

Dude, I've been to Busch Gardens a couple times! Love that place. We should meet up there sometime!