A few lines heard in our house this week.
I handed Emma a whisk to mix the pancake batter with. She said "oh good, I get a whisker."
Emma was asking about Florida. She asked if we were going to go back there and live there again. I said "I don't think so." Then she asked "is daddy going to come back to Virgina to live with us again?" Trying to keep my heartbreaking cringe invisible "of course!"
I give Emma a big hug after she gets up from nap time and she says "mom, don't squash me."
Emma coming out of her room with just her head though the head hole of a shirt trying to find where her arms go "I can't find any of my holes."
Emma bringing me her underpants and asking me to help her put them on. I say "why don't you practice doing it yourself and then ask me." She says "why don't you practice putting them on me first?" Cheeky.
Asking Andrew to bring me something from across the room he gets it and runs over saying "Al rescate" (That's Diego- to the rescue!)
Giving Emma a plate of spaghetti for dinner (which she LOVES) "awww, I only liked spaghetti last week not this week." Oh, boy.
Looking for her favorite plaid pants "mom, have you seen my square pants?"
When I was frantically looking for my missing wallet (for HOURS) Emma said (so sweetly and optomistically) "I know! We can use daddy's wallet." Silently growling I said "daddy's wallet is in Africa with daddy." She says "well, cheer up mommy, we'll find it." Who is the grown up in this paragraph?
6 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the funny things kids say! I need one of these posts every week!
-SO sad about the Florida question!
My favorites
"I can't find any of my holes"
"square pants" Is she Spunge Bob?
Thanks for sharing!
I mean Sponge. I knew that looked funny.
That's so cute. I was sad that you said probably not about Florida. Darn Navy. :)
So funny! I just love what kids say!
I love all the funny things kids say. That is one of my favorite things about when kids start talking, you know they will have something funny to say.
mike is sure missing out on some funny things. good thing he has you to post them here. these are my fave blog posts!
Post a Comment