This week the moment Andrew has been waiting for for about a year has arrived. His Crocs fit! He has wanted to wear Crocs like his sis for a very long time. And, now? They fit! He can put them on himself and when we're getting ready to go somewhere I can say "go downstairs and get your shoes on" and he does it! It's so amazing!
So, all of our Croc clad feet went out....I wonder if Mike would wear some if we got them? I'm trying to imagine it and don't know how I feel about men in Crocs.

We were going to the Chesapeake City Park the other day, the kids both call it "city park" and as I was trying to tidy up breakfast and such before we left the kids announced to me that they were ready to go. This is the scene that was waiting for me at the top of the steps. Now THAT'S what I call ready.

So, we went to the park. And, just in time too. We played for about 45 minutes before 2 buses full of what I'm guessing was camp children descended on the park. It was wild and I was so glad we had played for a bit and I didn't have to attempt to keep track of my children through the masses of screaming campers.


We also made a trip to the children's museum. I was very proud of myself for finding it on my own and not getting lost. Mike has driven every time we've gone before and I usually don't pay much attention to direction. On the way there we have to go through a tunnel and there was a bit of traffic and we got terribly stuck and I decided being stuck in traffic in a tunnel is my second least favorite thing. My first least favorite thing? Flying (I know, I'm married to a pilot but I hate flying).


We love having a membership to the children's museum! Or, as Andrew calls it "the mu-mee-mum." They're closing it in September for like 9 months! What will we do?!
When we were home ths kids never cease to find ways to keep busy. Andrew comes up with all his outfits on his own. And, he never wears pants if he can help it (which he can because he can take them off himself).


Emma wears her pajamas every moment she can when she's home. I suppose I would too if my pajamas were this cute.

The night we don't have any pictures of this week happens to be my favorite of this week. We drove over to another area of Chesapeake to pick up a Little People Castle I found on Craigslist for $5! I've only been waiting for such a deal for about a year. Well, we were going to a house near my favorite ice cream place- Bruster's so of COURSE we went. Bruster's is double awesome because kids under 40 inches get a free ice cream cone. Emma is still cutting it at 38 inches so we only have to pay $3 for my ice cream! There is s GIANT Adirondack chair in the parking lot you could probably easily fit 5 or 6 people in. The kids loved sitting in it and eating their ice cream. I enjoyed every last morsel of my key lime pie ice cream except for the bites Andrew shared with me. I think he shares my affinity for lime since he requests "green yogurt" multiple times a week.
The evening was absolutely perfect. It was probably in the upper 70's and there was a slight breeze in the air. After ice cream we went to the playground right next door. The kids were so happy. Running around from slide to slide on a new playground. They went on the teeter totter and I couldn't help but just stand and think about how much Mike would have loved this night. I wondered how many evenings I would have like this that seemed so perfect and yet so imperfect all at the same time. Just as I was about as deep in thought on the subject as I could be a helicopter flew overhead- just like Mike's. Of course the kids having no idea that their dad is not the only helicopter pilot in the universe said "there goes daddy to Africa." They were happy to wave, watch the helicopter fly away, and go back to playing. I was glad that it was clearly only me who could feel the empty space in the park. I hope they are always so easily distracted with the wonderful things in life.
Today despite the coughing and runny noses we're going to make our way to a beach. A little sand play never killed anyone with a cold, right?
3 comments:
What a busy week. It sounds like you're having fun!
I was just trying to remember the name of the fabulous ice cream place you introduced me to. Yummy...Brusters!!!
If you ask my husband, he says the salt water and sea air will cure anything!
So, this post really made me miss you guys and our runs to Bruster's. I love that place. We luckily have one here too.
Also..I love Andrew's cape :)
Post a Comment