Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm exhausted

Seriously....exhausted. I think the speed of life is catching up with me. I've been doing my best to never stand still during the day and we've been going going going going going. Then the kids go to bed and I have to do all the regular stuff I didn't do because we were keeping busy AND do a P90X workout. For the most part I've been feeling more and more zombie like for the last 2 days because a certain person with curly hair keeps getting up at 5 a.m.! Easy for her to do when she can take a nap whenever she wants and never has to mop a floor or take the darn trash out.
We went to some friends house from church tonight for a little BBQ and water play. The kids had fun, there were no dishes to do. Beautiful. I was feeling the heat today....the 10th full day I haven't spoken to Mike (like you're surprised I'm counting. I count everything) I am SO grateful for email. My computer is officially worth its weight in gold. I like to think our romance has taken on a very You've Got Mail quality when we only communicate electronically. Plus, I will say separation is a wonderful opportunity to remember everything you love about your spouse. I especially love our feet touching at night....now mine just hang off the bottom of the bed all sad and lonely. And, there's nobody who's got my back at the end of the day when the kids are ignoring me. I keep waiting for Mike to pop around the corner and say "what did mommy just ask you to do?" I know, it's only been 10 days, I should get a grip. But, like Mike said in one of his emails "man, that long cruise is gonna suck." I'll say! We were driving in the car tonight and Andrew said "no mommy! Daddy's wheel!" He wanted Daddy to drive. I'm sure Mike will think that means he's a better driver than me....but I think it's a perfectly clear way a two year old says he misses his daddy. Mike read a couple of books to the kids and recorded them on our computer web cam. One of them was Dr. Seuss's Foot Book. We typically read this book 20 times a week but now Emma doesn't want to read it with me. She says "daddy will read it to me when he gets home." She keeps it aside off her bookshelf and out of the book baskets....waiting. Kids are funny the way they manifest this stuff.
I am going to manifest missing my sweetie by crawling beneath my covers and letting the last 100 pages of my Harlan Coben book lull me to sleep...I have another book on my night stand waiting. And, maybe tomorrow night more chores will be done and I'll be able to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic. I figured I'd do Mike a favor and watch that one without him. I know he'd watch it with me....but I know he won't mind that he didn't get to see it.

Well, here are some pics of the kids from playing at the Olson's house. Funny story: My kids favorite show at the moment happens to be Special Agent Oso. The other day Kaylyn Olson was coming to visit me and the kids and I were at the library. I was telling them "we have to go home now because Sister Olson is coming over to our house." Andrew's eyes got as big as they could and he said "special Oso? Our house?" I knew he thought I said Special Agent Oso was coming over and I couldn't help but laugh....and when she came over he called her Sister Oso. Even now, I laugh.





1 comment:

{kim} said...

Okay, I am literally crying right now about Special Agent Oso. Sooooo funny!! I LOVE the things kids say. I'm pretty sure that is my favorite part about blogs-reading the things that kids say. Hang in there, 10 down, 20ish to go. And, I got the new Harlan Coben yesterday!