Thursday, July 2, 2009

Botanical Garden

Well, I have a new favorite place! The Norfolk Botanical Garden is the COOLEST place we've been. Aside from the acres and acres of amazingly plush grass, canals, flowers and trees there is a children's garden! My kids could have stayed all day. Last night my friend invited us to join them and I almost didn't agree since today was our weekly swimming date at the Stake President's house. But, I asked Emma which she would rather do and she emphatically stated: "GO TO THE GARDEN WITH JACK AND RAY!" She is excited to go anywhere with her friends Jack and Ray. Andrew agreed immediately with what Emma said and they were both jumping up and down at the prospect of going to a botanical garden (whatever they thought that meant). So, this morning at 9 a.m. we went! We enjoyed a walk through the garden and a quick tour of the children's garden and then it was off to the water play. Of course if we were in Arizona they would have splash pads everywhere for free....but not here. That's okay, we LOVE this place. We can't wait to go back. I had to take them away at 12:30 kicking and screaming. They were both starving though so they were happy to inhale their lunch when we got to the car and they are both asleep right now.
Andrew can smell a play structure of any kind a mile away.

Cutest little playhouse.

There were like 30 turtles in this pond. I think they know people mean food too because when they saw us coming they started swimming toward us from all directions.

Walking along the path....

Admiring the beautiful flowers







She had no problem busting herself right through the biggest fountain but I think it surprised her how cold the water was....as you can see by the look on her face.






They look like they're going in for a kiss....but no- just both going in for a drink of the (hopefully chlorinated) water....

The fab four- these four love each other. Jack, Emma, Ray and Andrew. Having friends is so much fun!

So far, I'd say they've had a pretty great day.

5 comments:

Alison said...

I love seeing them with Tiffany's kids. I get such a kick out of it!I'm glad you are keeping busy! I wish we had one of those gardens here.

Pam Levin said...

Love the pic of Andrew sucking the water off the ground. Rock on Bobo!

MaryAnne said...

Looks like kid paradise! I'm guessing they slept well after that?

{kim} said...

Quit making me jealous with all these fun places you get to take kids to. Looks like they had a blast!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Love the pictures!