Well, yesterday was awesome! I know, I know it was "only" 5 weeks (if I hear the word ONLY from one more person....) but I missed him! We went to Mike's squadron building to pick him up at about 1. I didn't expect him until about 3 so when I got the text saying he was in NC refueling I was surprised (and not ready). Well, we got ready and headed up to meet the helicopters. We got to watch them fly in. I was a little disappointed Mike wasn't flying since I've never actually seen him fly BUT he was one of the first people unloaded from the helicopter so it was all good. The 3 choppers landing were a little loud for Emma and she was anxious to leave the flight line. Andrew was just enamored by seeing his daddy. I've never seen the look I saw on his face. He could be seen just beaming staring at daddy at any waking moment during the day. Both of the kids immediately needed daddy to do everything for them and I have been needed for NOTHING for almost 24 hours. They've had such a great time. I'm so happy my kids have such a great dad!

I'm really not sorry this is the only picture we got of the official reunion. First, I am sad it's blurry. If I haven't mentioned it before my camera takes blurry pictures and I HATE it. BUT, aside from the blurry picture I have no regrets of snapping this picture and throwing the camera in my bag. Living in the moment is so much better than taking pictures of it sometimes. Within seconds everything was back to normal...like he'd never been gone.

We had a great day with stuffed shells, P90X, and the kids have had all of their daddy wrestling dreams come true.
BEST part of coming home this week is that he is on vacation next week but has the rest of this week OFF- it's like a free almost week of vacation. That rocks!
Mike has a bunch of picutres on his camera and a video or two that are awesome but the cord is on the ship still. The ship doesn't pull back into port until today (how cool is that that the pilots get to fly home a day early?!) so we're going to get the camera cords and some more of Mike's stuff later today.
8 comments:
SWEET!!!!
Yay!!!!! I actually love the blurry picture! I think of it as seeing their reunion as you saw it. And there is NOTHING more precious than seeing a Daddy reunited with his kids (no matter how long/short the separation). :) Congrats!!!
glad he is home! Jordan and I were separated for 5 weeks also this summer.....and it was NO FUN! It's hard to be a single mom when all you want is to snuggle the man you love! I am happy you are all back together, safe and sound :)
5 weeks is a really long time and I'm glad he made it home safely.
Hooray! Welcome home Mike. Five weeks is a long time!
5 weeks is a long time, but great practice for what's to come! Blurry, but still moving! I bet they missed him! Welcome home Mike!
I'm so glad for you guys that he's home! 5 weeks IS a long time for mommy, mommy, mommy all the time!!
Yeay for you! It doesn't matter how long it is--one week, six months, etc--but it is always too long. And I love it that you missed him! You two have such a wonderful relationship. Go have some fun!
Post a Comment