Saturday, June 6, 2009

Going to the zoo zoo zoo

Just in case you are ever wondering which the best zoo in the country is I will tell you: Phoenix Zoo. No, seriously. This has to be one of my most favorite places on Earth. Many zoos leave me feeling sad for the animals. Many zoos leave me feeling like I didn't really see any animals. BUT, the Phoenix Zoo has it all. It's big, but not too big. It has SO many animals. The only animal I wish to see that they don't have is a giant panda. There are 2 splash pads for kids to splash in the water and cool off on hot Arizona days. They have the COOLEST spider monkey exhibit that you walk through and the spider monkeys are everywhere...you're in their space. The kids loved it. The orangutans are awesome and we loved seeing the baby orangutan swinging around. There is a primate island that is the coolest with monkeys swinging from trees and only water separating us from the funny guys. There is a fun petting zoo the kids ran around as fast as they could trying to make sure they pet each and every animal (mostly goats) there. There is a Little People village with life size Little People. (It's actually a little playground and kind of lame as a playground but so cute as a life size Little People exhibit). You can imagine how exciting this is for us since we just love the Little People. That man with Emma in the previous post was Little People's Farmer Jed. We went to the zoo with our dear friends and hosts for a week. Their little girls are 2 and 8 months and both so sweet. We love them and were so happy to share a fun morning at the zoo with them.
Far and away my favorite part of the day was having the kids and Mike ride a camel. This is one my most fond memories of my childhood is riding a camel at the Phoenix zoo. When I saw the camel rides I insisted they all have the experience. I was rather surprised Emma got on. I knew Andrew would be all for it. He would never miss an adventure. If you're not convinced....just go anyway. Next time you're in Phoenix that is. I'll let the pictures tell the rest.










3 comments:

Tonia said...

It sounds like a fun zoo! Too bad I don't have a trip to phoenix planned any time soon.

You look great by the way!!!

David and Jacquee said...

What a cool zoo and cute family. I didn't know that they would let you guys ride on a camel!

ALYN said...

I have to say, I like the St. Louis zoo. Free.

But I haven't been to many zoos. I feel sorry for the animals. Sounds like the Phoenix zoo has improved since I was last there 15 years ago. (except for the Christmas lights... I didn't see any animals or little people that time.)