Emma: Mom, can we go on an airplane to Arizona today?
Me: No, sorry not today. (I'm all stocked up on air travel with kids for a couple months, thanks)
Emma: Can we go to Uncle Grants house? (in Arizona)
Me: No, sorry not today.
Emma: Can we go to Talans house? (also in Arizona)
Me: No, sorry not today.
Emma: Can I jump on grandma's trampoline with all my cousins? (guess where)
Me: No, sorry not today.
Emma: Well, can I go to the pool?
Me: Yes, but not right now because it's stormy outside.
Emma: Great! Can Daisy come with me? (friend from you know where)
Me: No, Daisy is in Arizona.
Emma: Can I watch Miffy?
Me: YES!
She really really really loved all the fun people she had to see in Arizona. Both of the kids just wanted to be outside every minute. I guess they really do have my blood type. I'm not talking A+ here, I'm talking love the Arizona sunshine kind. They probably would have spent 12 hours a day outside if they could have. The night we stayed at my Uncle Grants house Emma was up and out bouncing on the trampoline at 6:30 a.m. I wish I had pictures of Andrew playing with my cousins little boy Spencer-they had so much fun splashing in the pool together.
Damen and Andrew watching Uncle Seth play guitar

Employing Daddy's lap as a reading spot- he does read a very mean Where The Wild Things Are.

6 fun cousins! Baby Charles (who looks bigger than Andrew), Andrew, Gwennie, Emma, Damen and Athan.

Jumping with Uncle Andy- they both love Uncle Andy. They loved going to his house, playing with new cousin Charles and their fun little dog Riley.

Emma and Gwennie- clearly curly hair comes from this side of the family.


Jumping is for everyone!

Emma and Talan (how fun is it for your kids to be friends with your best friends kids? Seriously- they only saw each other for a couple of hours but they packed in the fun!)

My "new" nephew Charles. I was so happy to meet him (now that he's almost 11 months old) Time flies....

Checking out the firestation. Mike's best friend Scott (they served their missions together in Chile) is a firefighter for the city of Phoenix. We stayed with them and he was kind enough to show our kids the fire truck and even take them for a little ride. I'm pretty sure it was my first ride in a fire truck too.


Andrew enjoying a little water play, cake and ice cream in the back yard. Could a 2 year olds life get any better?

Emma and Preston (my cousins little boy who incidentally was due the day before Emma in February- he was born on time and weighed 10 lbs! That's a whopping 4 times Emma's birth weight- Alison is a super woman!) Emma is talking on her cell phone while Preson drives her around the yard.

But, now it's back to just us. I think the kids really miss having someone around all day to play with. Man, I need to find them some friends.
2 comments:
Your kids looked like they had so much fun the entire time! Such cute pictures and they are growing up so much! I'm just wondering, has Andrew made it past 20 pounds yet? I will never get over what a small kid he is - in size only, never in personality!
We were so happy to see you guys, I feel like I know your kids from Blogging!
Post a Comment