
Well, I guess since it's been 6 nights with Andrew in his new bed I am allowed to talk about the transition now. He did SO well! It was an amazingly seamless transition! I was in disbelief the first couple of days thinking that he would eventually start getting up in the night or falling out of bed or waking up his sister. However to my surprise and delight NONE of those things have happened. He sleeps like a champ and loves his big boy bed. He does love to sleep in his sister's bed at naptime and he will often switch beds during naptime but he wakes up happy in the morning. I cannot convey how grateful I am that he has done this so well and easily. He is a shining star of nightime (even if he is slightly fork tongued at times during the day).
Also, the picture above shows Andrew engaging in his new favorite activity- hanging from the pull up bar. We got a pull up bar for our anniversary (romantic, no?). He has hung for a full minute. Yes, in our downtime we hang our children from bars and time how long it takes them to fall down. But, they love it.
While Mike can bust out 100 pull ups in a day I am ALMOST able to do one. This bar is like my Everest! I try multiple times a day and it has gotten easier over the last month but whenever I see Mike hop up there and bust out 10-20 in one shot it makes me die a little inside- I'm not going to lie. However, I keep trying and one day (hopefully soon) my post will be about how I've conqured the world of pull ups! (And, not the toddler kind)
6 comments:
That bar reminds me of the horror of the "bent-arm hang"...
Way to go Andrew! I'm glad that the transition went so well. I can't believe he's big enough for a "real" bed!
And I hear ya on the pull up bar thing. We don't have a pull up bar but my ambition in life is to one day be able to do a pull up (more would be even better)! Good luck with you everest!
I don't think I have ever done a pull up. I'm impressed that you are committed to doing it.
The picture of Andrew is ridiculously cute!
Congrats on the bed transition. Spencer is not doing too well. The newness of the big boy cars bed wore off and he's decided he likes his crib. The tough part is I haven't had the energy to fight him on it being 30 weeks pregnant. We'll just keep plugging away and get there eventually.
There are not many women who can pullup, so WHEN you accomplish it, you'll be my hero!
Dude, I have been wanting a pull-up bar forever. Steve is supposed to get me one for my bday!! I'm sure I can only do one but I think it will be fun to try. Glad you guys are all feeling better.
Post a Comment