Mike's parents were here over the weekend and we all had a nice visit. Despite the fact that Emma was a little sick on Saturday we went to the zoo. A couple of weeks ago when Mike and Rae stopped here on their way to South Carolina Mike Sr. asked Emma if she would like to go to the zoo when they come back. OF COURSE this was all Emma could think of. In fact, about 2 1/2 minutes after they got here on Friday morning Emma asked "can we go to the zoo now?" Well, she wasn't feeling great on Saturday. She got up about 8 and then fell back asleep until 11:30! BUT, when she got up she KNEW it was zoo day and asked "are we going to the zoo now?" So, we went. It was a little chilly but the sun was shining and she sky was blue so it was a beautiful day to see some animals!
The kids enjoyed snuggling up with Grandma to watch some Berenstain Bears.

By the end of our trip to the zoo Emma was ready for another nap and couldn't even pick her head up for a picture. Poor little thing.

I think the Lion display at this zoo is GREAT. I think we can get a little TOO close to the lions but the kids like seeing them through the plexiglass windows. Plus, it makes for a cool picture. You can see how Emma feels. BUT, I swear she REALLY wanted to go to the zoo.

There were a couple of "animals" out greeting the kids and this gecko reached right down and picked Andrew up. He was so shocked he just looked at the gecko and then the camera. I don't even think he blinked.

Emma was pretty wiped at the end of the day and we all sat around and talked and Emma enjoyed snuggling up in a blanket next to grandpa.
5 comments:
Poor Emma, Im glad that she was still able to go to the zoo anyway. It looks like a fun zoo. I loved the lion picture - it really does look like that lion could just come over and grab them. And how fun to have the "animals" walking around interacting with the kids. Andrew face is priceless!
Poor Emma, Im glad that she was still able to go to the zoo anyway. It looks like a fun zoo. I loved the lion picture - it really does look like that lion could just come over and grab them. And how fun to have the "animals" walking around interacting with the kids. Andrew face is priceless!
Can't even see the plexi glass. Really close! Love the Gecko pic with andrew. Cute!
Oh poor Emma. I love the pictures though because you can tell that she feels so sick, but that she really wants to be there. Way to fight through the pain Emma!
I love Andrew's face in the gecko picture too. That's hilarious.
Oh and I want to know if you would have liked the picture if it was sharks instead of lions :)
Post a Comment