Wednesday, March 18, 2009


Getting ready to go to the Library yesterday Emma put her glasses on (it was cloudy outside) and said "okay, I'm ready to go."

It made me laugh.

Today she asked me "are there any of my grandmas at the airport today?" Sad question....and even sadder answer: no.

This morning it was very foggy outside and Emma (for some weird reason) was very excited and wanted desperately to go out and play in the fog. Of course we didn't go because it was damp and 40 something degrees and 7:30 in the morning (not because I wasn't dressed or didn't want to) and later she said "oh, I guess we can't play in the clouds, they're all gone." She thought they were clouds! Oh, I'm such a jerk.

Next time.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ah, I hate those moments when you realize too late what sweetness your kid is really thinking. Oh well. Next time.

{kim} said...

You're not a jerk. You do a lot of crafts with your kids. And, considering where you live there is a good chance you can play in the clouds again real soon.

The Perkins said...

Thank you for your blog. It always makes me laugh and makes me feel better how we all try to be awsome moms and some days we are and some days...well...we just aren't. Love Ya!

Tonia said...

That is so sweet and how sad. I hate moments like that when I realize that my 3 year old's request was something so innocently sweet and I just shot her down. It's rough being a mommy!