Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We're movin on


Do you notice something missing from this crib?

Yes, indeed there is a side missing. So....it is official. We have two children and zero of them sleep in cribs. Andrew has been asking for weeks to sleep in Emma's bed. He hasn't ever pushed it when I say "no you sleep in your bed." AND, in the next couple months I want to start potty training (for real, not his pee when he wants to kind, the kind where I don't buy diapers anymore!) BUT, you can't make two big changes at once so I decided to jump in with the "big boy" bed first! Sniff Sniff.

He loves it!

Granted Emma tricked us into thinking that the transition to a bed would be easy by being all perfect about it for the first couple of days and then she started stinking up the place with all kinds of sleep problems with led to a line of posts like this and a super crabby mommy. SO, I haven't wanted to be too excited about it thinking it was going to be all easy or anything.

BUT if I say it really quietly maybe no one who could jinx it can hear me- so far so good. (That was a whisper, and a secret so don't tell anyone).

Both days at nap time Andrew has gotten out of his bed and slept in Emma's bed which is about the sweetest thing I can think of. Plus a little tiny body on a big tall bed is just straight up cute. Tonight was the second bedtime and he has been happy as a lark both nights to go to bed. He slept until his normal 7:15-ish this morning when he came bounding out to the playroom with a big fat smile on his face.

So, to the sleep Gods- please please please let this stay this way. I really like this boy and frankly he gives me enough trouble during the waking hours and I could really use an easy transition.

Please?

4 comments:

Kori said...

We are in the same transition with Spencer, although his crib doesn't turn into a toddler bed so it's the twin with a rail. So far he's slept several naps there and one full night although we have to lay with him until he falls asleep. I'm sure it helps that Andrew has an older sibling. Wish us luck too.

Brittany said...

Yay! How fun this is for him to grow up and be a big boy!

Alison said...

Congratulations! He's becoming such a big boy!!

Tonia said...

Wow a big boy bed and almost potty training. Your baby is growing up! Is it time for another one yet? Ha, ha, ha - I'm just joking (and probably completely inappropriate - sorry).