Well, a week went by really fast with my mom here. We didn't do anything too big. Went for a walk, took the kids to Barnes and Noble and Target where Andrew got to pick out his very own birthday present from Grandma! He also spent his birthday money on a gift of his choosing. What he wanted to get was the Little People Raceway but it was $40 and he had $15. So, I showed him a baby dinosaur which I hoped he would choose but he decided that getting a singing Rescue Pack (from Diego) was a better idea. I really wanted to Veto his decision since I'm not a huge fan of a)singing toys b)silly character toys that I know he's not going to play with in 6 months. But, with my moms nudging I just let him get the silly Deigo pack. He does love it and Grandma got him the Click camera that goes along with the Rescue pack so he's all stocked up on Diego paraphernalia. It is cute that when he watches the show he holds his Rescue Pack and pushes the button for him to sing when the Rescue Pack on T.V. sings. The kids just enjoyed having Grandma around. It is so nice to just have another grown up around all the time too! Plus, one lucky day during nap time Mike was home and we went for a walk since my mom was here. It was great! Mom and I went out to dinner together and it was nice for us to just go alone. It is so great to just have a couple of minutes with mom. I feel very blessed for just that one meal even. We also spent quite a bit of time at Jo Ann fabric picking out fabric for all the cute clothes and mom picked out a bunch to take home with her. We spent so much time there that upon returning from our third (or fourth) trip there in the week Mike said "well I think it's safe to say that if there was ever a hostage situation at Jo Ann Fabric you two would be able to give the police a very detailed description of the schematics of the store." Very funny, honey.
We loved the visit....and on the next one I promise to not let my mom sew so much and take her to more exciting places than the helicopter hangar (no offense to the helicopters) or Target.





My mom left of Tuesday and Wednesday morning Emma heard Mike getting up and said "oh, that must be grandma." I reminded her that grandma went back to Arizona. About an hour later she ran into her room and then ran back out and said "hey, where did my Grandma Scott go?" I guess she didn't believe me the first 10 times I told her she wasn't here any more.
2 comments:
OK, Aunt Tracy, I love the picture in the glasses, because you remind me of a (really) young Grandma Tayrien!
Don't take that the wrong way, because after all, being the oldest, I remember her being in her 40's! And she's a really terrific grandma as well!
My sister left today and I'm worried that tomorrow morning we'll have a similar situation with the girls realizing that she really is gone. I'm glad you were able to have a nice time with your mom and how nice of her to spend all of her time making your kids new clothes. Moms are great!
Post a Comment