Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trip to the sea wall

When my mom was here we had such nice weather. Since today is about 40 degrees and rainy it's nice to post about just a week ago when it was 75+ degrees and sunny. We went to show mom "the helicopter" and went for a picnic at the sea wall. It isn't actually against the sea but against Willaby Bay an inlet of the Chesapeake Bay. The day was great. The kids loved to run around on the "beach" and Emma and grandma searched for seashells. There were a surprising amount of rather large jellyfish washed up on the shore. Ewww.
Mike was throwing rocks into the water from about 30 feet away. The kids thought the splash in the water was funny. This is Andrew thinking about doing the same thing. The rock was a little too big for him to throw though. That didn't stop him from trying over and over again.



4 comments:

Erin said...

These pictures are so pretty. I like the one of Mike holding hands with the kids and the one of just Emma.

Cassie said...

The walking away pictures are simply adorable! Are the boys wearing matching pants? I love it!

ALYN said...

Um, did someone make Mike matching shorts also? Very cute!

Tonia said...

Those are some darling pictures. I don't know what it is about "beach" pictures but they are always the best, I can never get enough! I love the picture of Andrew with the huge rock, so cute!