We have explored every indoor playground in the area and found one we really really love. I found a mall in downtown Norfolk I'd love to go with Mike and NOT stop at the playground. I even busted out of my shell and spoke to a mom or two. I decided after a couple of different chats I really want to take my kiddies to the children's museum. Only, I don't want to do it on a cold rainy day. I want to go when it's 70 degrees and sunny outside so it's not very crowded. We need one of those nice sunny days when we have the car and I think I'll take the plunge. If we get to do it before Andrew turns 2 then he even gets in for free!
Emma decided she liked tacos this week which is great. She inhaled 3 tacos from Taco Bell on a special outing in which I decided I wasn't going to make lunch that day. Not so much because I get tired of cooking- I just get tired of cleaning mac and cheese out of those darn booster seats and off the floor. Is it just my kids or does every child eat like a Tasmanian devil? Andrew has been on a big of a hunger strike. He has 2 molars coming in on top and he prefers to eat only yogurt, and mac and cheese. I was hoping to "fatten" him up to 20 lbs by his second birthday. Not gonna happen.
After such a glorious week of fun Mike had duty all day Saturday. Ick. Duty means he is gone from about 7 a.m. one day to 9 a.m. the next. Double ick when it falls on Saturday! And, to top it all off I had a whopper of a cold. I felt like doing nothing except swallowing a double dose my Tylenol Cold and drifting off to a place where my ears didn't hurt. However, flying solo in this situation didn't leave me much room for any drifting to anywhere. I managed to lay on the couch a LOT. The kids brought me snacks, I opened them, they ate. Andrew managed to hijack a marker and draw all over the kitchen floor and all over the back of my rocking chair. After he finished his dirty work he ate the felt tip off the marker. When he emerged with red lips I asked him what he ate and he happily showed me the tipless marker and decorated rocking chair. Awesome. But, my head hurt so I didn't care. At least it was the super washable markers and at least it was the BACK of the rocking chair- thanks, son!
We put Emma's bed on it's frame and she loves her "BIG" bed (it's only about 8 inches bigger but I guess that's a lot). However, the height of the bed allows Thing 1 and Thing 2 a new level of mischief making availability. See below.

Emma played with the vacuum cord for about 20 minutes this afternoon. Her little skit was hilarious about rescuing something at the end of the big rope. There were very dramatic bouts of "PULL! PULL!" Who knew leaving the vacuum cleaner out could be so fun. Our vacuum cleaner is usually out. We rarely put it in the closet it goes in since we use it at LEAST once a day. We don't usually leave it in the middle of the floor, but we did a lot of things we don't usually do this weekend.

Andrew loves "fixing" this house. It's so funny to me that he picks up a hammer and knows exactly what to do with it. It's like instinct!

And, thank you SEARS. We found this SUPER cute suit for Andrew there. Of course I have very strict rules that he is supposed to wear a white shirt to church BUT Mike didn't get home this morning in enough time to iron one and I don't even iron when I'm well, so forget about it when I'm sick! So, he wore the sweet purple shirt that came with the suit. And, he made it look really good. The suit size? 6-9 months. We are super tempted to go back and buy a couple more to last over the next year. This is the only time of year stores sell dress clothes for boys....

On our way into church today Emma fell down and skinned both her knees and the palm of one of her hands. She was pretty sad about it and pretty happy she needed a band aid when we got home. Poor little thing.
During sacrament Andrew was being especially disruptive and I took him in a classroom where he could practice sitting still and screaming about it if he chose to. Well, after about 8 minutes and a LOT of screaming he was ready to be quiet and go back to "church church." The door was LOCKED and I was locked in a classroom. I knocked on the door a lot and then had no choice but to climb out the window. It was awesome.
In class with Mike Andrew was playing with his chalk board in the back of the room and asked Mike for some more chalk. Mike kept telling him to go find his chalk and it wasn't until the end of the hour when Mike couldn't find any of the chalk he had given Andrew and the boy had a big white ring around his mouth. After church he brought him to me quickly (he had a meeting right after church) and said "chalk's okay to eat, right?" I didn't really understand where the question was coming from until I looked at his face. Mike said "he ate some chalk" and ran off to his meeing.
Never a dull moment for these Greenstreets.
8 comments:
Andrew looks adorable in that little suit. I think I'd be tempted to go back for those larger sizes too. It's true that you can only find children's dress clothes in the stores at certain times of the year. Hope the cold is better soon. I love the chalk eating story, too funny. Love Aunt Jere
Wow what a crazy week! Sorry you've been sick too. It stinks! I'm so proud of you for talking to other moms. I just sit there and watch Jakob like a hawk since you never know when he'll decide it's time to leave! The chalk story and the marker story are hilarious!
Yeah, you've got to love what the kids get into when you're not able to stop them. Lovely! I love Andrew's suit. He really does look good. I'm tempted to order one for Ethan!
First of all, I'm glad you were able to get out a lot this week, I'm sure that was a nice change of scenery. Second, I can't believe that Andrew still doesn't weigh 20 pounds (but he sure looks cute in that new suit and I DO think you should go stock up for the year - it's really cute on him). Third, I hope you are feeling better. And finally, I can't believe that you got locked IN a classroom - I didn't even know that was possible! I bet you were quite the sight to see climbing out the window, I would've paid big money!!
I saw that suit at Sears a few weeks ago but it was still like $34 and I wasn't willing to pay that much.
I had a good laugh picturing you "sneaking" out of church. I can imagine what anyone who saw you would have thought! Too funny!
That is great the Andrew will wear dress clothes. It is a no-go for Bentley. His nod to dressing up is a polo shirt, or, on a really good day, a sweater. He will NOT wear a button up shirt for anything. And we can forget about a necktie! We have tried and it is literally an all-day temper tantrum until it is off of him.
This post had so many highlights:
the eating like a tazmanian devil,
eating the felt tip marker,
sitting on the dresser, like it's normal. Climbing out the window!
Also, I'm tempted to drive over to Sears and check out the baby suits!
What's a taco?
Post a Comment