Tuesday, February 3, 2009

She had to pee!!



Well, if you're a long time reader you know Emma comes in my room 5, 6, 7 times a night and doesn't sleep very well. I truly couldn't figure out what her problem was. One night last week VERY early Andrew woke up with a fever and while I was giving him his medicine Emma went and climbed in bed with Mike. She wiggled, wiggled, wiggled. Finally Mike asked her if she had to go pee which she said "YES!" to. So, he took her, she went and then went back to sleep.

So, he said "maybe when she comes in in the middle of the night she has to pee."

Well, the next night when she came in (about 1 in the morning) I took her pee and then put her back in bed where she STAYED until 7!

AND, she was dry in the morning (also, never happened)

Last three nights she has come in once, and I've taken her to the bathroom and then she goes back to sleep.

Hooray!! Problem solved. Six hours of straight sleep feels so good I can't believe it!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Ahhh! I love it when you figure out the problem and the solution brings more sleep! Yay for Emma!

Alison said...

That is awesome! Not only that you are getting sleep, but that she is already to the point where she is ready to go in the night and stay dry, too.

Erin said...

That is so exciting! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel when you get sleep! I wonder why she wouldn't just say she needed to pee? How funny! Congratulations that's a big day (night) for you and Emma!

Tonia said...

Now why didn't I think of that? I'm so glad you were able to find a solution! Yay for sleep!!!

Alison said...

Hooray!! Good job Mike!

Stephanie said...

Ha ha! That's great!

ALYN said...

Once in awhile Madi will wake up, and not really know where she is or what's happening, so we'll direct her to the toilet!

yea! Emma.

{kim} said...

That's funny! I'm glad you guys got it figured out.