Sunday, February 1, 2009

A good laugh

I wanted Emma to try on a dress I got her this weekend. She was quite pleased with how "fluffy" it was. (It wasn't really fluffy at all, but okay). She thought this dress would be perfect for practicing her dancing, so she did.....


She dance and twirled and sung. It must be very good to be three.


Andrew danced and twirled but he knew he was missing part of the experience since his clothes didn't float and swirl the was Emma's did.










So, after much insistence, he got to wear a dress to dance in too.


Then, like he always does, he added a hat.


As a side note this dress is size 6-12 months! I don't think any of Emma's 2T or new 3T dresses would have stayed on him!

9 comments:

Erin said...

That gave me a good chuckle. He will love those pictures when he's older. He makes a very cute girl and a cute boy too! :-)

Anonymous said...

I took a class in college where I had to design and sew a frilly little girls dress. It was adorable but I really didn't have anyone to try it on except Kendrick who was a baby so I tried it on him and took a picture -- Tim was not exactly thrilled that I dressed and photographed his firstborn SON in a dress. Kendrick was a beautiful baby girl for a minute. Funny stuff!

Kori said...

Just don't let Emma blackmail him later in life. My brother-in-law was made fun of so bad by his sisters as a kid after dressing him like a girl that my husband swears our boys will NEVER wear anything girly! I think it's funny but what can you do.

Alison said...

Hilarious! Looking good Andrew. Looking good!

Tonia said...

That's so funny! How does Mike feel about you posting pictures of his son in a dress ;) I definitely got a good laugh out of those pictures!

Alison said...

It's the hazard of having boys with big sisters. Bentley is all about dressing up, too! Drives Mike crazy!

Mollie Lawrence said...

That was quite funny....didn't expect that!

ALYN said...

That dress and hat made me laugh! Because Andrew is so boy!

I don't think very many boys with sisters escape the dressing up! What is done with the photographic evidence is another story...

jjediehl said...

Hi Booke and Family,
I love visiting your BLOG and hearing and seeing the news of your family. I want to be on the invited list when you go private. So, let me know what I need to do. Thanks, Love Aunt Jere