Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, at least I feel like I tried

So, if you havnen't contacted your Senator with your feelings aboutthis economic stimulus package...do it!

I contacted mind begging him NOT to vote for it. I love his response. He's basically saying "yeah, thanks for contacting me...it's gonna pass- rest assured all those dollars we're printing will be carefully distributed."

Dear Mrs. Greenstreet,



Thank you for contacting me with your views on the economic stimulus package. In order to best represent you as your United States Senator, it is vital that I hear your view on this and other important matters.



We have received numerous responses from across the Commonwealth from those both in favor of the stimulus and those opposed. I understand concerns about the expense of the bill and about certain provisions included in the package. Although no effort on this scale will be perfect, President Obama and the relevant Congressional committees have been in close consultation with our state and local officials and a wide range of economic experts who have indicated that this agreement represents a prudent and effective path to economic recovery. To do nothing could lead to catastrophic consequences for small businesses and working families across the country.



The committees drafting the legislation have provided for unprecedented oversight, accountability and transparency to ensure that taxpayers' money is handled carefully and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible. You should know that a Recovery Act and Transparency Board will oversee the disbursement of the funds and a website provided by the White House, www.recovery.gov, will post detailed information about recovery spending.



Again, thank you for your input. As we move forward in the 111th Congress, please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.


Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Wow!

Alison said...

Don't even get me started about this "stimulus" bill. Ugh!