Monday, February 9, 2009

Bucket List

First off...I am at 350 posts. I think it's safe to say this is the best jounal I've ever kept. I find this a fitting list for this post...my cousin and sister both did this list. I'm following suit.

A bucket list is a list of things to do before you die. This list was already made, I'm just putting an X next to things I've done.

Not really my bucket list, But an interesting survey of life.

The Bucket List(as in things you should do before you kick the bucket)
( ) Gone on a blind date- and not going to at this point in my life.
(x) Skipped school
() Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
() Been to Hawaii
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost- I've been lost like 1000 times, do I get 1000 x's?
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean- Pacific, Atlantic, and the Gulf of Mexic (not an ocean, but it's big!)
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
() Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons- every day of my life
() Sang Karaoke- not so much
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only. Then my paper bag broke because it was raining and the cheap meal I paid for with coins was spilt all over the parking lot- it wasn't good.
() Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x) Made prank phone calls
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans-I drove by and there's a weird feeling there. I pass.
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose. Certainly
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
() Been kissed under the mistletoe- Hello- note to my husband: hang some miseltoe next year: this is sad that I can't put an X here.
() Watched the sunrise with someone
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
(x) Been skinny dipping outdoors- You get no details on this. I am just being honest by putting the X
( )Gone to the movies alone- I rarely go to the movies. I saw 2 (maybe 3) movies last year.
() Been deep sea fishing- ew, no thanks
() Driven across the United States alone- four times!
( ) Been in a hot air balloon
( ) Been sky diving- Why would someone jump out of a perfectly good plane?
( ) Gone snowmobiling
( ) Lived in more than one country
(x) Laid outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets
(x) Seen a falling star and made a wish
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
(x) Seen the Statue of Liberty in person
( )Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
( ) Been on a cruise
(x) Traveled by train
() Traveled by motorcycle- I'll probably never put an X in this box
(x) Been horse back riding - been thrown off of quite a few horses too
( ) Ridden on a San Francisco Trolley
(x) Been to Disneyland
(x) Been to DisneyWorld
(x)Truly believe in the power of prayer!
( ) Been to the top of an active volcano and seen hot lava- now why would someone do this?
( ) Been in a rain forest
( ) Seen whales in the ocean
(x) Seen dolphins in the ocean
(x) Been to Niagara Falls
( )Ridden on an elephant- DARN! If only it said camel I could put an X
( ) Swam with dolphins

4 comments:

Tonia said...

350 posts huh? That's pretty good. Way to go! So skinny dipping huh? I never would have guessed!

Corie Green said...

Oh I never doubted the skinny dipping!! ;) LOL I love this idea Brooke. I might just steal it. So my son Ethan just started his own blog (he is 7) to use as a journal, I think they are great journals!

Anonymous said...

350 posts -- I'm impressed!! When I grow up I want to be a super blogger like you!

Mollie Lawrence said...

350? That's alot sis! Thankyou for having such a great journal though. We enjoy every blog! Including this one. I didn't know you'd been to Canada, or Disney World!